This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I have a 48 hour code and want to use it... but...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. I have a 48 hour code and want to use it... but...

User Info: mtjormitch

mtjormitch
3 years ago#1
Here's the thing. I have points on my Xbox account, however, it won't let me spend them because I have a silver one. I am wondering if I can use a 48 hour trail I have in order to get the Hearthfire DLC for Skyrim... would that be possible to do? Or should I wait for the one in a million chance of a free gold weekend?
People need to realize that games are art. Seriously, it's been proven over and over again. I think it's about time to people to man up and finally say this.

User Info: TwistedCoCo

TwistedCoCo
3 years ago#2
That...shouldn't be happening. You don't need a gold membership to buy stuff off of the xbox live marketplace, a silver membership (the free one) is sufficient

Might wanna get ahold of Microsoft Tech support on that one?
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c101/Blakblade/blehspleandr/pigride.gif

User Info: DAH_Joe

DAH_Joe
3 years ago#3
TwistedCoCo posted...
That...shouldn't be happening. You don't need a gold membership to buy stuff off of the xbox live marketplace, a silver membership (the free one) is sufficient

There are game demos that require you to have a gold membership in order to download them... It's so stupid.
Check profile for contacts.

User Info: Super Creatures

Super Creatures
3 years ago#4
DAH_Joe posted...
There are game demos that require you to have a gold membership in order to download them... It's so stupid.

Only for the first week they are available (I don't think any new demos have been released in the past 7 days), or, possibly, if the demo only offers online play, which would require Gold anyway.
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.

User Info: gudaman

gudaman
3 years ago#5
mtjormitch posted...
Here's the thing. I have points on my Xbox account, however, it won't let me spend them because I have a silver one. I am wondering if I can use a 48 hour trail I have in order to get the Hearthfire DLC for Skyrim... would that be possible to do? Or should I wait for the one in a million chance of a free gold weekend?

Here is the link for the free month of gold TC

https://live.xbox.com/en-US/Subscriptions?Campaign=gff-live-welcome-offer

just use that and not concern yourself with any of those 48-hour cards.
gt: gudaman / PSN: OvaryPuncher9000
I'm open to pretty much any game you wanna play as long as I own it.

User Info: Renamon

Renamon
3 years ago#6
DAH_Joe posted...
TwistedCoCo posted...

Except demos are free. We're talking paid content here.
Movies that I believe will come true: Wall-E, Idiocracy
Halo 1 > all other Halo games
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. I have a 48 hour code and want to use it... but...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived