This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

One last kick in the teeth from Microsoft.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. One last kick in the teeth from Microsoft.

User Info: Winternova

Winternova
4 years ago#21
DWB1982 posted...
I'd rather have PSN's "rental" games then the hot garbage MS is pumping out for free...

Defense Grid is infinitely better than some of the crap they've put on PSN+, like Sideways.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)

User Info: TheStattler

TheStattler
4 years ago#22
VeryDarkSoul posted...
TheStattler posted...
As others have said in other topics, it's your fault for assuming what was not actually said.

You're just as helpful as people who blame the user when their disc gets scratched. 99% of game journalism sites were saying the games were gonna be halo 3 and assassins creed too. Get off your high horse

Believing things that have only appeared in the media and not been officially announced by the company and then complaining when those reports are wrong makes you a dolt.

Remember when the PS3 was blocking used games? Hell I could list dozens of things 'journalists' have got wrong about Doctor Who. Not that people like yourself ever learn but once again the moral is, believe nothing until it's confirmed in public by someone who is not a low level employee who wouldn't be informed of decisions like that anyway.

Sometimes people on this site truly astound me!
OFFICIAL BOY WHO WAITED OF THE DOCTOR WHO BOARD
Stattox.....REBORN!

User Info: SolidStryder

SolidStryder
4 years ago#23
DWB1982 posted...
I feel the same way as OP and LOL at all the people who "knew" all along that AC2 and Halo3 weren't the game for this month... Everyone was reporting that those were the games we were going to get.. Even Microsoft's support team tweeted that we would get those games as well... Microsoft pulled a bait and switch plain and simple.. I can't believe people defend this garbage..

My Gold account expires on the 28th of July.. The only thing making me reconsider keeping it renewed was the free games... I was always going to go with the PS4 after the new consoles were revealed...

I have no reason to keep my Gold account renewed because I'll eventually have a PS4 and Microsoft is giving free garbage...

"BUT... BUT.... BUT.... YOU CAN'T COMPLAIN BECAUSE IT'S FREE!!!"

I'd rather have PSN's "rental" games then the hot garbage MS is pumping out for free...

If you're complaining about free things, I have to wonder if you can actually afford a new console.
(message deleted)

User Info: kidwgm

kidwgm
4 years ago#25
Blogfaqs? Go cry elsewhere.
GT: Kid Whimsical 3DS FC: 4811-7436-8881
(Owner: gaming PC, 360, PS3, 3DS, Wii and Wii U.)

User Info: 656stooge

656stooge
4 years ago#26
Winternova posted...
DWB1982 posted...
Microsoft pulled a bait and switch plain and simple

No, just because a customer service employee made the same incorrect assumption that you did does not mean that Microsoft "pulled a bait and switch". Hell, bait and switch doesn't even come close to applying to this situation as there's nothing being sold.

You mean other than a subscription to Xbox Live, right?
For want of the price of tea and a slice, the old man died.

User Info: Winternova

Winternova
4 years ago#27
656stooge posted...
Winternova posted...
DWB1982 posted...
Microsoft pulled a bait and switch plain and simple

No, just because a customer service employee made the same incorrect assumption that you did does not mean that Microsoft "pulled a bait and switch". Hell, bait and switch doesn't even come close to applying to this situation as there's nothing being sold.

You mean other than a subscription to Xbox Live, right?

But you're getting exactly what you paid for with the LIVE Gold subscription...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
(message deleted)

User Info: 656stooge

656stooge
4 years ago#29
Winternova posted...

But if you subscribed earlier this month just to get the free copy of Halo 3 and Assassin's Creed2 as promised by Xbox support, then I guess you could call that...a bait and switch?
For want of the price of tea and a slice, the old man died.

User Info: xChaos001

xChaos001
4 years ago#30
656stooge posted...
Winternova posted...

But if you subscribed earlier this month just to get the free copy of Halo 3 and Assassin's Creed2 as promised by Xbox support, then I guess you could call that...a bait and switch?

Why would you buy an online gaming service solely on the intent of receiving a free game? Seems rather.. idiotic.
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/black/NuclearPizza.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. One last kick in the teeth from Microsoft.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived