This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'm away from my Xbox....question about buying games on Xbox.com

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. I'm away from my Xbox....question about buying games on Xbox.com

User Info: KingKilvas

KingKilvas
3 years ago#1
So yesterday I bought Far Cry 3 online and it went fine. I bought the game when my Xbox was off on my computer, then turned it on and I saw it appear on my Active Downloads and was downloading.

But I'm not in my house right now and can't access the Xbox directly. If I were to buy a game today online would it download to my Xbox if it wasn't turned on? Does it need to be turned on before anything can download?

What if I were to buy two games online-would they both download?

I've never bought an entire game online since I never needed to buy any Games on Demand so sorry about seeming so clueless.
Drink cactus juice! It'll quench ya! Nothin's quenchier! It's the quenchiest!

User Info: sauruschamp1

sauruschamp1
3 years ago#2
I believe they will be qued up to download but wont start till you turn it on once. There is a setting to let it download games while turned off but I think you still need to turn it on once to start the downloads (could be wrong).
Xbox GT: Zarosian SteamID: Zarosio
Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much. - Oscar Wilde

User Info: TheRob

TheRob
3 years ago#3
The games can't start downloading without first turning on the XBox.
The People's Heel
IF YA SMEELLLALALAO..WHAT THE ROB IS COOKING !!!
'B-|

User Info: VasDeferens

VasDeferens
3 years ago#4
Do they download in the background ? Say, I start watching Netflix while a download is going on, will the download continue ?

User Info: TheRob

TheRob
3 years ago#5
VasDeferens posted...
Do they download in the background ? Say, I start watching Netflix while a download is going on, will the download continue ?

They do, but depending on what you're doing or playing they may not. Usually games or apps that require a steady internet connection will cause your downloads to pause until you cease using them.
The People's Heel
IF YA SMEELLLALALAO..WHAT THE ROB IS COOKING !!!
'B-|

User Info: Mellerker38

Mellerker38
3 years ago#6
Best to download from your console and turn off PC or any other stuff that is is internet related.It's takes 6 hours to download a certain game(Full)

User Info: Uzair_Chief

Uzair_Chief
3 years ago#7
Mellerker38 posted...
Best to download from your console and turn off PC or any other stuff that is is internet related.It's takes 6 hours to download a certain game(Full)

You guy's have slow internet download speed. I can download a 5gb game in 10-15 mins.
(message deleted)

User Info: daverraver7

daverraver7
3 years ago#9
As long as your xbox is downloading in low power mode then you can add items to the current download queue and will remain downloading everything in your queue. I sometimes download a game then go to work and add things to the queue later even though the xbox is in low power mode
gamertag:shadowmouse09

User Info: kingwutugu

kingwutugu
3 years ago#10
VasDeferens posted...

only playing online games with no servers or single player games, they use to download while using apps and watching dvds but not any more.
There is no I in team, But there is an I in Win
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. I'm away from my Xbox....question about buying games on Xbox.com

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived