This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dragon Age: Origins, or The Witcher 2?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Dragon Age: Origins, or The Witcher 2?

User Info: Luke_the_Duke15

Luke_the_Duke15
3 years ago#1
Which one to get? - Results (34 votes)
Dragon Age: Origins
41.18% (14 votes)
The Witcher 2
47.06% (16 votes)
Neither
11.76% (4 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Wondering which one to get since their both pretty cheap on Xbox LIVE right now. As far as RPGs go, I pretty much enjoy most of them, although I do tend to have more fun when they have real-time combat. But I like FFI and IV, the Tales series, and I've played many other RPGs. I played Dark Souls, thought it was alright, nothing special, pretty overrated. I am a little wary of the battle system in Dragon Age, but that's because I don't quite know what to expect, but it seems like it's a little like the battle system in Tales of Vesperia and Tales of the Abyss, in that you control one character and have a few others set on AI.
The Duke has spoken!

User Info: DieMyBride

DieMyBride
3 years ago#2
Both
XboxLive GT:JoeStillLife

User Info: NauticalDisasta

NauticalDisasta
3 years ago#3
I think both games are absolutely fantastic. You can't go wrong with either one of them but if I had to choose just one it would be Witcher 2. It has diverging paths and plenty of choices that make multiple playthroughs a must. Also, a much more mature story line when compared to DA:Origins.

If you're looking for a more traditional fantasy style RPG then go with Dragon Age. You can create your own protagonist and will undertake more familiar quests associated with fantasy RPGs. I feel like the graphics haven't aged all that well but it doesn't really matter when the gameplay is as good as it is.

I picked up DA:Origins because I haven't played it in years and I play Witcher on PC.
"Either it'll move me, or it'll move right though me. Fully. Completely." - Gordon Downie
360/Steam= NauticalDisasta
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Dragon Age: Origins, or The Witcher 2?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived