This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Did they cancel the $99 Xbox 360?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Did they cancel the $99 Xbox 360?

User Info: flame030191

flame030191
3 years ago#1
Topic. Friend wanted to know since his Xbox broke and it'd take $150 to fix (according to Microsoft)
PSN ID: armyflame (formerly Troll_Face_Flame) X360 gamertag: That Guy Flame
MLG: because skill is determined by what you use, not how you play.

User Info: glassghost0

glassghost0
3 years ago#2
They should if they haven't. Your friend doesn't want one of those, you have to sign a contract and it'll cost way more in the long run than just buying a new console.
No Thanks
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122

User Info: JKSonic

JKSonic
3 years ago#3
Not sure, seems like it's at least put off since they just released the E (which in itself is pretty confusing...).
https://www.facebook.com/AbstractedRealism (pinup and boudoir)
https://www.facebook.com/KulhaPhotography (families, scenery, etc)

flame030191
3 years ago#4
glassghost0 posted...
They should if they haven't. Your friend doesn't want one of those, you have to sign a contract and it'll cost way more in the long run than just buying a new console.

It actually doesn't. If you count in the fact that $15 a month pays for the 2 years of Gold as well, that's $10 a month for Gold (standard price) and $5 for the system. 5X12 is $60, two years comes to $120 extra. $100+120=220, $80 off of standard price.

JKSonic
3 years ago#5
glassghost0 posted...

Not sure but I think he's talking about the rumored "360 Lite" or I think it was even called the Stingray or something wasn't it? Supposed to be a cheap version of the 360 for around when the XB1 came out.

flame030191
3 years ago#6
JKSonic posted...
glassghost0 posted...

Not sure but I think he's talking about the rumored "360 Lite" or I think it was even called the Stingray or something wasn't it? Supposed to be a cheap version of the 360 for around when the XB1 came out.

No, the $99 for a 250GB console, then $15 a month for 2 years.

JKSonic
3 years ago#7
Or not...

User Info: glassghost0

glassghost0
3 years ago#8
flame030191 posted...
glassghost0 posted...

It actually doesn't. If you count in the fact that $15 a month pays for the 2 years of Gold as well, that's $10 a month for Gold (standard price) and $5 for the system. 5X12 is $60, two years comes to $120 extra. $100+120=220, $80 off of standard price.

$100 plus 2 years of $15 = $460

Your math is off, you would definitely end up paying more for the $99 contract 360. That's basically the whole point of it, they make more money off of it.

And that doesn't even factor in if you miss a payment or just stop in which case they brick your console from either playing at all or being able to play online, I don't remember which.

No Thanks
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122

User Info: Sheepinator

Sheepinator
3 years ago#9
flame030191 posted...
glassghost0 posted...

That is the worst use of math I have ever seen, and it explains a lot about your "contributions" in the MSP topics.

$100 + $15 * 24 months = $460
Or, $300 console bundle + 2 years of Live at $35 each = $370
My mad face and my happy face are the same.

flame030191
3 years ago#10
glassghost0 posted...
flame030191 posted...
glassghost0 posted...

$100 plus 2 years of $15 = $460

Your math is off, you would definitely end up paying more for the $99 contract 360. That's basically the whole point of it, they make more money off of it.

If you take out the fact that Gold is $10 a month standard, then no, my math is not off. $5X12 is $60 per year. 2 years makes it $120. That makes $220 for the system and $240 for Gold, which anyone (like myself, who just pays by the month) already pays.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Did they cancel the $99 Xbox 360?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived