This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If a disc is damaged beyond repair...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. If a disc is damaged beyond repair...

User Info: HXC1080

HXC1080
3 years ago#1
And I am unable to install the game to my hard drive, would it better for me to buy a new disc or buy the game on demand? I could see the benefits of getting the game on demand (not having to worry about damaged disks) but are there any drawbacks? Which would be the better option?

User Info: AWarAmp84

AWarAmp84
3 years ago#2
In most cases you can find a used copy of the game you're looking to buy for a lot less in physical form. On Demand is a bit of a rip off IMO.
Before you comment on one of my posts, please research the Dunning-Kruger effect. Best game of all time: Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory. Gamefaqs mods are a joke.

User Info: Net Shark

Net Shark
3 years ago#3
^ this. Check the pricing of both and see the on demand price is higher.
Shark week: it's a bad week to be a seal. http://youtu.be/bhGV23y1zgg

User Info: VeryDarkSoul

VeryDarkSoul
3 years ago#4
if the game cracked on its own the company should replace it free, thats how i replaced my copy of dark souls, even out of warranty. if you destroyed it, stop treating your discs like coasters
Ron Paul 2012

User Info: FTWWholeFnShow

FTWWholeFnShow
3 years ago#5
It all depends on the game. Orange box katamari, just cause 2, bully all cheaper on GoD than a physical copy. I love my digital games. Less discs to keep up with but it's not for everyone.
-\m/ ProWres Love \m/-XBL: Bennyhanna79
FEAR THE BENNY BOMB!!!!

User Info: ImMrMojoRisin

ImMrMojoRisin
3 years ago#6
FTWWholeFnShow posted...
It all depends on the game. Orange box katamari, just cause 2, bully all cheaper on GoD than a physical copy. I love my digital games. Less discs to keep up with but it's not for everyone.

I agree, digital is awesome. I just got WWE All Stars through On Demand. I had it when it forst came out, but I haven't seen it in stores for a while now. That's another good thing about digital. You don't have to worry about it being out of stock.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. If a disc is damaged beyond repair...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived