This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How does the region stuff work?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. How does the region stuff work?

User Info: Omegaforce725

Omegaforce725
3 years ago#1
I am in Germany currently and would love to buy FIFA 14 here to get the German version. However, I live in the US and have a North American 360. If I buy FIFA 14 in Germany, will I still be able to play it back home?
Sig not changing until Bucs win Superbowl. Started 8/9/05

User Info: FTWWholeFnShow

FTWWholeFnShow
3 years ago#2
Probably not. If I remember correctly Europe is region 2. I hate region lockouts ><
-\m/ ProWres Love \m/-XBL: Bennyhanna79
FEAR THE BENNY BOMB!!!!

User Info: Winternova

Winternova
3 years ago#3
Germany uses the PAL standard, while the US uses NTSC. Even without the region locking, it'd still have a problem playing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)

User Info: gabrius

gabrius
3 years ago#4
Winternova posted...
Germany uses the PAL standard, while the US uses NTSC. Even without the region locking, it'd still have a problem playing.

PAL/NTSC means nothing in the age of HD. I have a few European games that I play on my NA 360 regularly.

TC, the game may or may not be region locked - you'll have to research that. The DLC, regardless of whether the game is free or locked, will be locked.
SHOOTEMUP
/XBL|PSN\ - Gabrius

User Info: Winternova

Winternova
3 years ago#5
gabrius posted...
PAL/NTSC means nothing in the age of HD. I have a few European games that I play on my NA 360 regularly.

I stand corrected. I just remember having problems playing PAL games back on my Amiga.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. How does the region stuff work?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived