This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

23 Minutes to install a 3.8 GIG game. Is something Wrong?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. 23 Minutes to install a 3.8 GIG game. Is something Wrong?

User Info: AshWilliams78

AshWilliams78
4 years ago#1
I installed Skyrim Legendary Edition which is 3.8 GIGs and it took more then 20 minutes to install. I bought a new 360 but I'm not sure if it's my Console, HDD, or Game. What should I do?
Alright you primitive screwheads, listen up. See this?
This is my BOOMSTICK!

User Info: Veliconis

Veliconis
4 years ago#2
Yeah, that's pretty damn bad. It doesn't even take that long to install a 7.8GB game. o.O

You might have had a bad stroke of luck and bought a new console that had faulty hardware from the get-go.
Your = belonging to you, you're = you are, their = belonging to them, they're = they are, there = not here.
http://i.imgur.com/UzTVQwG.jpg

AshWilliams78
4 years ago#3
How can I tell if it's the Console, HDD or Game?
This is my BOOMSTICK!

User Info: UddersAndBlades

UddersAndBlades
4 years ago#4
Meh, it took me 15 to install RDR the other day, and that was I think a 4.1 GB. So no, your internet was just being a little slow. Nothing to worry about.
Xbox 360 Gamertag: Retro Menace
Look! The East is burning red!

AshWilliams78
4 years ago#5
UddersAndBlades posted...
Meh, it took me 15 to install RDR the other day, and that was I think a 4.1 GB. So no, your internet was just being a little slow. Nothing to worry about.

What does Internet have anything to do with it? I was installing from the Disk.
This is my BOOMSTICK!

User Info: UddersAndBlades

UddersAndBlades
4 years ago#6
AshWilliams78 posted...

Hmm. I should think more before I post. I guess I confused it with downloading a game from the marketplace. My bad!

Anyways, even then, no, I don't think that's a problem. Every game I install takes around 15-25 minutes, depending on the size. Although I do have the original 360 model.
Xbox 360 Gamertag: Retro Menace
Look! The East is burning red!

AshWilliams78
4 years ago#7
AshWilliams78 posted...

Hmm. I should think more before I post. I guess I confused it with downloading a game from the marketplace. My bad!

Anyways, even then, no, I don't think that's a problem. Every game I install takes around 15-25 minutes, depending on the size. Although I do have the original 360 model.

From my experience games always took about 10-12 minutes to install on to the HDD and around 20-22 minutes on to a Flash Drive and that's with a 7 GIG game.
This is my BOOMSTICK!

AshWilliams78
4 years ago#8
Hmm... It looks like I fixed it. I removed the HDD and then reinserted it. I then installed Skyrim again and it took 5 minutes this time. That was weird.
This is my BOOMSTICK!

User Info: Veliconis

Veliconis
4 years ago#9
Hmm... It looks like I fixed it. I removed the HDD and then reinserted it. I then installed Skyrim again and it took 5 minutes this time. That was weird.

It could have just been somewhat loose. *shrug*
Your = belonging to you, you're = you are, their = belonging to them, they're = they are, there = not here.
http://i.imgur.com/UzTVQwG.jpg

User Info: kushahilic

kushahilic
4 years ago#10

Lol wish I had good Internet. It takes me over 8 hours to install something over five gigs
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. 23 Minutes to install a 3.8 GIG game. Is something Wrong?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived