This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Video game writer quits due to graphic threats against her children

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Video game writer quits due to graphic threats against her children

User Info: SunDevil77

SunDevil77
4 years ago#31
xMark posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
I got death threats for saying I liked a game a lot. Some dude apparently researched me, found my Youtube (and sent a message), found my Facebook, created a fake Facebook, tried to add me, and sent me violent message after violent message.

I doubt you were just saying "I like the game a lot".

I'm sure you were arguing or defending yourself by throwing back insults.

Yes, because I do that all the time.
Justice...is what I seek, Kemosabe.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539

User Info: shawnmck

shawnmck
4 years ago#32
There are crazy people no matter what job you have or wherever you go.
To give in and coward from it just makes you an easier target.
It would be like having a Bully at school and just giving him your lunch money because you are too afraid of what he might do and don't want to take the chance.
Ultimately, it just feeds their violent nature and encourages them to seek more targets.

With that said, I believe the woman should've involved the police...but I am not her, and she is entitled to whatever she feels. So I can't quite condemn her action either. I just think it sets the wrong example.
She should have bought a gun and written back that anyone who even tries to harm her kids are going to end up feeding the worms. But that's just me.

BTW
The French gave in to Hitler's threats, and so did many Jews...how did that work out for them ?

User Info: GodDogs

GodDogs
4 years ago#33
"When asked if the harassment led to her depature, Hepler told Polygon “No, leaving Bioware was for family reasons. I am going to be working on a text book on narrative design among other game-related freelance projects.”

This is from the Polygon interview, linked within the article. This is poor journalism, fishing for activity by making it sound like she quit because of the bullying, but is actually quitting for more family time.

regardless though, absolutely awful that people do this online.
It does not matter where we go. It is not the destination that matters...it is the journey.

User Info: aheroafake

aheroafake
4 years ago#34
People make me sick. They really need to be reprimanded for this unacceptable behavior.
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | Always using my phone's browser, excuse the spelling mistakes |

User Info: FFTHEWINNER

FFTHEWINNER
4 years ago#35
SunDevil77 posted...
BBBanks03 posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
I got death threats for saying I liked a game a lot. Some dude apparently researched me, found my Youtube (and sent a message), found my Facebook, created a fake Facebook, tried to add me, and sent me violent message after violent message.

Lemme guess... DmC??

Haha that game has gotten me PMs here, but those fellas don't usually take the effort to dig through the internet for an attack.

What game was it then?

As for the topic,she is worse than fish. It is good that she quit no matter what the reason was.
WHO AM I?FFTHEWINNER. WHO ARE YOU?URTHELOSER
http://i.imgur.com/xgSex.png

User Info: jrb363

jrb363
4 years ago#36
I read the article and the linked Polygon article. It's pretty sad how this happens, but unfortunately this happens in many other industries. The internet has enabled crazed fans of every type of product to track down the manufacturers and harass them when their desires and ideas aren't met.

This happens in the car industry when Ford releases a 'ugly' car or Scion released the 'weak' 200HP FR-S. Fans have always been opinionated, the internet has just recently given the crazies a loud and horrible voice.
Systems owned: Genesis, SNES, TG-16, PSX, PS2, Gamecube, Dreamcast, 360, Wii, PS3, GB, GameGear, GB pocket, GBA, GBA SP, Virtua Boy, Neo-Geo Color, PSP, DS, 3DS
(message deleted)

User Info: produner

produner
4 years ago#38
BBBanks03 posted...
SunDevil77 posted...

Lemme guess... DmC??

I got a death threat for stating that I like the original DMC series better. I also got accused of being a troll for posting benchmarks and explaining game mechanics.

As for the death threat, well I don't spread personal information, and as a result I don't care. Developers have their names and information exposed to the public but journalist know how to exaggerate to get traffic. Aside from that, reporting the death threat and taking legal action is the best thing that you can do if you got a death threat, not resort to journalists.

User Info: Rafedx

Rafedx
4 years ago#39
Just another reason why I feel anonymity should be stripped away from everyone. Would be nice if you had your first name and age beside your user name. Would also be nice for 1 internet account that goes across all social networking sites and forums, basically having a license to even use the internet. You would be surprised at how peoples demeanor online changes when you are super easy to find and be held accountable for everything you say.
http://www.terra-comic.com --> Terra: a Science Fiction Webcomic / Updates every 15th of the month.

User Info: zepapa

zepapa
4 years ago#40
wow just wow
---
What! doc your telling me its 8:30 oh God i'm late for work
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Video game writer quits due to graphic threats against her children

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived