This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

This gen: 1 thing you loved; 1 thing you hated; 1 thing you hope for the next

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. This gen: 1 thing you loved; 1 thing you hated; 1 thing you hope for the next

User Info: MonkeyCosmonaut

MonkeyCosmonaut
4 years ago#11
Loved: The ability to rip discs to the HDD so that it essentially eliminated disc noise, and cut down on disc and drive wear-and-tear. This was for the 360, the PS3 was very limited in this regards.

Hated: Greedy corporate policy, which includes On-Disc DLC, obscene DRM, and the "Always On-Line" requirements.

Hope: None. I am not foolish enough to believe that the stupid DLC, DRM, and other Corporate greed policies will go away, they will only increase in practice.

User Info: DrFeelgood1984

DrFeelgood1984
4 years ago#12
Loved: The jump to HD. Did not fully appreciate my PS3 or 360 until I got my HDTV.

Hated: DLC. Games are now stripped of content, which is then sold to us in the form of DLC. I no longer buy games at full price because I no longer get full games. There are exceptions (Rockstar & Bethesda do DLC correctly)

Hope for: More original IP's. We got Gears of War, Uncharted, Infamous, Mass Effect, and a lot of other great franchises this gen. Most of those are getting a little stale now, so I'm excited to see what the future holds.

User Info: BBBanks03

BBBanks03
4 years ago#13
Bump it up.
Can someone bum me a sig? I'm fresh out.

User Info: PsychoDrama1

PsychoDrama1
4 years ago#14
Loved: The rise of XBLA

Hated: Corporate greed totally invading the gaming world with shoddy DLC, DRM, and online passes.

Hope: More developers taking risks in style and gameplay with unique new IP's. I'm totally burned out on Halo/Gears/Assassins Creed.
Wolf Parade, Swan Lake, Built to Spill, Sunset Rubdown, The Hold Steady, Modest Mouse, Handsome Furs, Plants and Animals

User Info: Gunvalkyrie2

Gunvalkyrie2
4 years ago#15
Arucard05, TheBlueStig, HD ports of Gunvalkyrie or Panzer Dragoon Orta

User Info: Sheepinator

Sheepinator
4 years ago#16
Loved: XBLA, and the Mass Effect series for being the pinnacle of gaming.

Hated: Whiny entitled gamers who want moar moar moar and rage at the prospect of actually paying for it.

Hope: More experimentation with AAA retail games, though I don't actually expect this to happen. Games are too expensive to make and a few cookie cutter franchises take the bulk of sales.
My mad face and my happy face are the same.

User Info: MatrixAndrAIa

MatrixAndrAIa
4 years ago#17
Loved - arcade games, sadly enough because it appeals to my old school tastes.

Hated - the increased shift towards social gaming, because most randoms are d-bags, and I don't like playing most games with anyone.

Hope - more old school style games, like Dragon's Crown, as well as some more beautiful shoot em up games.
Your name is sung and tattooed now on my heart - here I will carry you forever
Carry Tori Amos

User Info: BBBanks03

BBBanks03
4 years ago#18
Good to see more people are in the same boat as me than I thought who are hoping the future brings some exciting new IPs that actually try something new but still have an emphasis on the old-school.
Can someone bum me a sig? I'm fresh out.

User Info: gldoorii

gldoorii
4 years ago#19
MatrixAndrAIa posted...
Loved - arcade games, sadly enough because it appeals to my old school tastes.

Hated - the increased shift towards social gaming, because most randoms are d-bags, and I don't like playing most games with anyone.

Hope - more old school style games, like Dragon's Crown, as well as some more beautiful shoot em up games.

That's exactly how I feel.
PSN - gldoorii
Live - xgldooriix
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. This gen: 1 thing you loved; 1 thing you hated; 1 thing you hope for the next

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived