This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Rate: Silent Hill Downpour/Homecoming/HD Collection

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Rate: Silent Hill Downpour/Homecoming/HD Collection

User Info: KingKilvas

KingKilvas
3 years ago#1
Never played any of those Silent Hill games. I heard the HD collection is a terrible port but I don't have either 2 or 3....

Are Homecoming and Downpour any good? Reviews seem to be mixed all around.
Drink cactus juice! It'll quench ya! Nothin's quenchier! It's the quenchiest!

User Info: OMG_AIDS

OMG_AIDS
3 years ago#2
Homecoming - 3/10, Absolutely terrible. One or two enemy designs are the only redeeming features.
Downpour - 6/10, Significantly better gameplay than Homecoming but has crap enemy design and story.
SH HD - 7/10 A terrible port of two of the best survival horror games ever made.
XBL Gamertag - Goomba Stomper
Nintendo ID & PSN ID - Goomba_Stomper

User Info: scoobydoobydont

scoobydoobydont
3 years ago#3
All-7/10. Worth playing, worth buying from a bargain bin/on sale. Never understood the hate. Homecoming has all of one serious flaw-lack of proper invert. HD has some issues, but nothing major unless you're anal. Downpour is just fine, no caveats. I should note, I love SH and think every SH has been better than every RE, so make of that what you will. And yes, that means I legit liked The Room over RE4.
"I don't hate people, I just feel better when they're not around." - Charles Bukowski
http://i.imgur.com/mRh5ifp.png

User Info: 656stooge

656stooge
3 years ago#4
I'll rate them all so you can get a sense of what I like and don't like about the series.

SH1 - 9/10
SH2 - 10/10 (although I like the first one more)
SH3 - 8.5/10
SH4 - 7.5/10
SHOrigins - 7/10
Shattered Memories - 7/10
Homecoming - 6/10
Downpour - 5/10

And I haven't bothered with the HD collection because it's meant to be awful.

Anyway, with my system a five out of ten means very average. So a six isn't that bad and an eight is pretty damn good.
For want of the price of tea and a slice, the old man died.

User Info: Kevageit

Kevageit
3 years ago#5
Homecoming - 7.5 fun, decent story, more actiony (not in a good way), has UFO ending :)
Downpour - 5 never got more than an hour into it, not very interesting
HD - 8.5 Has SH2 and SH3, SH2 is a crap version, love the game itself but they gave us some sort of beta version instead of what we could get on PS2 for $5, terrible graphics, fog is a static wall instead of flowing, bugs out like hell. Sh3 is great, few bugs but still great
I remember you.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Rate: Silent Hill Downpour/Homecoming/HD Collection

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived