This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Rate the Game Day 1: L.A. Noire

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Rate the Game Day 1: L.A. Noire

User Info: TheAwesomeMatt

TheAwesomeMatt
4 years ago#21
LA Noire is like the perfect example of a 7/10, you can see that the developers tried to make it as good as possible but there's just something lacking that would push it to the next level.

The Saboteur suffers from the same thing.
Probably the same sort of person who frequently does my Mother every night good and hard. - atastycrumpet

User Info: Overburdened

Overburdened
4 years ago#22
I haven't played it. My friend Effin' loves it though. All those kinds of games, godfather 2, Mafia etc.
Obliteration never felt so divine._
Crappy spelling due to my iPod.

User Info: horror_spooky

horror_spooky
4 years ago#23
Sheepinator posted...
horror_spooky posted...
Sheepinator posted...
For future topics you might want to order the options in reverse.

why?

Easier for everyone. The bulk of ratings are likely to be around 8's for high profile games, at least well above 5, therefore it's easier for people to parse if their most likely selections are near the start. It also makes more sense when viewing the result, since currently a 10/10 game would have the bottom bar filled up. You don't usually associate "best" with "bottom" when it comes to rankings.

Ah, didn't think of that.

I'll probably flip it around for the next game. Someone on the PS3 board recommended Vanquish so that will go up next
Just when they think they got the answers, I change the questions..
www.cheatmasters.com

User Info: HouseOfBlades

HouseOfBlades
4 years ago#24
Even if the story was a slow start it ended strong, for all the other flaws I can look pass. So it's a between a 7-8 to me.

User Info: moogie101

moogie101
4 years ago#25
3/10

I was so looking forward to this game & ended up so disappointed.

The much ballyhooed facial technology for me didn't look any better than what other games were using.
The whole body language being used was Junior Psychology for kids. Ooh, they've got their arms crossed, they can't maintain eye contact. Get out of here that every person you spoke to followed these basic principles.
Walking around crimes scenes. Either have the music on & give away too quickl;y, or off & you're picking up random stuf for hours just to see if its relevant. Hardly exciting stuff.

So many options with the free roam world but felt like mafia 2, very little to do outside the main missons.
The story bored the hell out of me & every "twist" was clearly signposted.

As you may have guessed, i didn't like it!

User Info: VasDeferens

VasDeferens
4 years ago#26
7/10 for me too .

Nice story and the presentation was good, but so linear . No re-playability factor . If you can't be bothered to buy it just watch a video walkthrough on youtube . You'll get the same choices I was presented with .

User Info: Oemenia

Oemenia
4 years ago#27
The games most important selling point made no sense whatsoever and we all know what you do during the rest of it.
100% PC/PS3/360

User Info: Gunvalkyrie2

Gunvalkyrie2
4 years ago#28
Too many children in this topic.

Once GTA5 hits they'll disappear.
This is a message board to express opinions, idiot.

User Info: oasisbeyond

oasisbeyond
4 years ago#29
zzzz/10

User Info: horror_spooky

horror_spooky
4 years ago#30
Gunvalkyrie2 posted...
Too many children in this topic.

Once GTA5 hits they'll disappear.

because attacks on someone's character is so very mature
Just when they think they got the answers, I change the questions..
www.cheatmasters.com
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Rate the Game Day 1: L.A. Noire

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived