This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Name a game you had sky-high expectations for, and STILL lived up to the hype

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Name a game you had sky-high expectations for, and STILL lived up to the hype

User Info: metroidman92

metroidman92
4 years ago#81
Bioshock Infinite. Was advertised as being set in the clouds, lived up to it.
Xbox One: It's Good to Pay Together.
Politics... how tiresome.

User Info: phillyeagles123

phillyeagles123
4 years ago#82
Halo 3
Skyrim
Red Dead Redemption
Mass Effect 2
Pokemon Silver
Best Signature you've ever seen.

User Info: adjl

adjl
4 years ago#83
The closest that would come to mind for me is Borderlands 2. I went in expecting greatness, and I still ended up being impressed. For the most part, though, I don't get hyped. I usually go in with no particular expectations beyond "this will probably be fun," and I usually come out at least satisfied, if not impressed.
"Could've" is a contraction of "could have." "Could of" is virtually never valid, and should virtually never be used. So don't.

User Info: ssj5goku2005

ssj5goku2005
4 years ago#84
Definitely Halo 2...couldn't wait for that game and it turned out to be and still is my favorite Halo (and it's in my top 5 favorite games of all time)

Also, Saints Row 3 (but I need to explain)

At first, I thought it was going to be an organized crime-type game (keep in mind at the time this game was about to come out I've only played the first 2 games a tiny bit, as in only the intro missions) since that was the kinda feel the trailer let off...and I was really hyped for it

Then, when I got it, it turned out to be a comedy game, which wasn't what I was expecting, but not in a bad way...I'm a big comedy fan (95% of the movies I've seen/TV shows I watch are comedies) so having a comedy game where there's a drought of comedy games was great for me

So it didn't live up to the original hype, but it turned out to be better than what I expected

An honorable mention would be Assassin's Creed 2, but that's not really a good choice because a) I didn't play it until last year and b) the 1st game left a bad taste in my mouth (though it's grown on me since) so I didn't have very high expectations for the 2nd one
not changing this sig until i feel like it - started 6.23.2009

User Info: wh0_kn0ws

wh0_kn0ws
4 years ago#85
MGS2, MOTHERF***ERS
it's simple. just be nice.

User Info: AirTease

AirTease
4 years ago#86
The Tomb Raider reboot.

I'd never been so hyped for any game and it lived up to it.

User Info: mcpuppet101

mcpuppet101
4 years ago#87
Skyrim!!!!

User Info: Evil_the_Nub

Evil_the_Nub
4 years ago#88
I'm with the skeptics, hype almost always leads to disappointment. However, I was pretty excited about Telltale's the Walking Dead and it exceeded my expectations by a huge amount.
There are few problems in life that can't be solved by a hug-happy amnesiac pillbug.

User Info: gybugy

gybugy
4 years ago#89
Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal

Even more cause we got to go to Kanto
is this my sig

User Info: videogameking33

videogameking33
4 years ago#90
GTA V
Tomb Raider
Max Payne 3
Driver: San Francisco
Currently Playing: GTA V (360), Last of Us (PS3), AC: NL (3DS)
Diehard Buffalo Bills & Sabres Fan!!...XBL GamerTag & PSN: buffalo29
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Name a game you had sky-high expectations for, and STILL lived up to the hype

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived