This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Torchlight 1/2 vs. Diablo 3

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Torchlight 1/2 vs. Diablo 3

User Info: backguard222

backguard222
3 years ago#1
Which is better? More fun?
Currently Playing: Too much Diablo III (PS3) (Level 60(17) Hardcore Monk); LOZ: Twilight Princess (Wii)
Latest Platinum: Batman Arkham Asylum 8/22/13

User Info: foodeater4

foodeater4
3 years ago#2
Diablo 3 on console at the moment is best.

Once the auction house goes away on the PC version, then it wins on all platforms.

User Info: darkhare

darkhare
3 years ago#3
not a fan of the isometric dungeon crawls, you want a good dungeon crawl with co-op then get dungeon defenders.

The future of Console Gaming, are the gamers. vote with your $!

User Info: backguard222

backguard222
3 years ago#4
darkhare posted...
not a fan of the isometric dungeon crawls, you want a good dungeon crawl with co-op then get dungeon defenders.

dungeon defenders isn't a dungeon crawl is it? i played it and it was just tower defense.
Currently Playing: Too much Diablo III (PS3) (Level 60(17) Hardcore Monk); LOZ: Twilight Princess (Wii)
Latest Platinum: Batman Arkham Asylum 8/22/13

User Info: bblbig

bblbig
3 years ago#5
No, Dungeon Defenders is not a dungeon crawler. It is however a amazingly fun game. Couch co-op is some of my fav this gen honestly.

Ive never played Torchlight on 360, just pc....that being said, I own Diablo 3 for 360, and it is GREAT. If you are in the mood for that style of game, get it, you wont regret it. DL the demo and give it a try. I persoanlly highly recommend Diablo 3 to any fan of the genre
Insert witty statement here

User Info: SoincMetal

SoincMetal
3 years ago#6
If they could port TL 2 to 360, it wins. But 4 player co op is just insane fun.
SonicMetal? See the error in my name! I Skate DGK All Day. Brawl FC:4511-0201-6892

User Info: Pyth_the_Bull

Pyth_the_Bull
3 years ago#7
If you like dungeon crawlers, then they're both good.

Torchlight 2 was a major step forward compared to the first where as when I look at Diablo III, all I can think is that it's not Diablo II. They kind of took a couple of steps backwards while streamlining it.

Either way, if you have that dungeon crawling, slashin' and hackin', loot grinding itch, they'll both scratch it.

Or I could have just said Baldur's Gate and avoided the minoblog above.
"Their hopes dashed on our shields! Their victory slashed by our swords!"

User Info: infinitexx

infinitexx
3 years ago#8
Torchlight 2 > Diablo 3 > Torchlight 1.

Dungeon Defenders, while a great game (moreso on PC for more content and less cheating), is in no way a dungeon crawler. I look forward to DD2 though, they're adding a MOBA competitive mode in addition to the tower defense co-op.
You can't make an omelette without crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning.

User Info: darkhare

darkhare
3 years ago#9
backguard222 posted...
darkhare posted...

dungeon defenders isn't a dungeon crawl is it? i played it and it was just tower defense.

dungeon crawl hybrid, as the evolution of a dungeon crawl is tower defense.

The future of Console Gaming, are the gamers. vote with your $!

User Info: shawnmck

shawnmck
3 years ago#10
I personally prefer the atmosphere of Diablo 3 more.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Torchlight 1/2 vs. Diablo 3

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived