This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

games this gen that ACTUALLY deserve a "10"

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. games this gen that ACTUALLY deserve a "10"

User Info: bblbig

bblbig
3 years ago#1
Before I get flamed, Yes this topic is inspired by the IGN article...but Im curious to see what some fellow GF'ers think. I personally wouldnt give out many 10's at all, but they are getting more and more common. What games would you give a perfect 10 to this gen? what games have been given perfect tens, and are close in your mind, but not quite there?

Id give a 10 to

Super Mario Galaxy 1

Mass Effect 2

Bioshock 1

Close but not quite there.....

Red Dead Redemption

The Last of Us

Super Mario Galaxy 2

Dark Souls
Insert witty statement here

User Info: DyingPancake

DyingPancake
3 years ago#2
Modern Warfare

GTA V

Gears 3
Under a cold October sky, I wait
Number of deer shot this year: 2

User Info: Enix Belmont

Enix Belmont
3 years ago#3
Mario Galaxy 1&2
Bayonetta
Mass Effect 2

These are the only ones for me. I'd give more games a 10 but these games deserve 10s more. Some of the other games I'd list, like SSF4, seem to not be for everyone, so it's hard to give a 10.
'Come fight beside me,' I said to myself, and although it doesn't make sense, I held my own hand as a small sign of trust, and together I made my defense.

User Info: AWarAmp84

AWarAmp84
3 years ago#4
None. No game is perfect.
Before you comment on one of my posts, please research the Dunning-Kruger effect. Best game of all time: Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory. Gamefaqs mods are a joke.

User Info: SkilzMC

SkilzMC
3 years ago#5
AWarAmp84 posted...

In what world does a 10/10 review equate to a perfect game?
"I wanted to buy a candle holder but the store didn't have one, so I bought a cake." -Mitch Hedberg
- GT Skillz MC

User Info: dtmr

dtmr
3 years ago#6
SkilzMC posted...
AWarAmp84 posted...

Is 11/10 possible?
Lakitu is a jerk. He lives in a cloud and throws AIDS at decent, hardworking Americans.

User Info: SkilzMC

SkilzMC
3 years ago#7
dtmr posted...
SkilzMC posted...
AWarAmp84 posted...

Is 11/10 possible?

Let me read you the description straight from Game informers rating guide, "10/10, A truly elite title that is nearly perfect in every way, this score is given out rarely and indicates a game that truly cannot be missed."

I don't think ANY reviewer when giving a 10/10 or a 5/5 or 100/100 is claiming that the game is absolutely perfect, it's just a way to indicate the quality of their experience with the game.
"I wanted to buy a candle holder but the store didn't have one, so I bought a cake." -Mitch Hedberg
- GT Skillz MC

User Info: bblbig

bblbig
3 years ago#8

Let me read you the description straight from Game informers rating guide, "10/10, A truly elite title that is nearly perfect in every way, this score is given out rarely and indicates a game that truly cannot be missed."

I don't think ANY reviewer when giving a 10/10 or a 5/5 or 100/100 is claiming that the game is absolutely perfect, it's just a way to indicate the quality of their experience with the game.

exactly.... in my opion no game is perfect either, I think we all can agree on that. But, IMO, SM Galaxy, Bioshock 1, and Mass Effect 2 were "elite titles", and "nearly perfect in every way"
Insert witty statement here

User Info: Dragon Nexus

Dragon Nexus
3 years ago#9
Obligatory Dragon Nexus "Xenoblade Chronicles!" slobber post.
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde

User Info: ZacTB

ZacTB
3 years ago#10
On how much I enjoyed it, the Mass Effect trilogy is 10 for me. I don't think anything else is as deserving that I've played.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. games this gen that ACTUALLY deserve a "10"

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived