This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Xbox 360 E console disc drive concerns

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Xbox 360 E console disc drive concerns

User Info: sparkingconduit

sparkingconduit
3 years ago#1
I just purchased a brand new E console on the Amazon deal of the day with a Kinect to replace an aging 360. The new console works great, but it has an annoying feature that I'm not sure is a problem or not. When I eject the disc drive on this console, it comes out and then sticks out at a slight angle after it reaches the apex of its ejection (very funny, I know). In other words, it ejects all the way, then twists at about a 15 degree angle at the end. The Ring of Light also constantly flashes and if I don't touch the disc drive or put a disc in right away, the drive will automatically close after about 5 seconds.

Is this normal? I know no 360 I've ever had in the past has ever done this. I've sometimes hit the eject button and then gotten up to grab laundry or answer a phone call and the drive will still be open when I get back. I don't know if this is a feature of the new console or if it's a problem with my drive. Like, is it worth worrying about now, or should I just wait and if it gets worse/breaks send it in? The console is only a day old and I just downloaded all of my old content to it, so I'd really rather not send it in right away if it's an issue.

User Info: Gurn Blanston

Gurn Blanston
3 years ago#2
Send it back and get another, Amazon has an excellent return policy.

User Info: beautifuldreams

beautifuldreams
3 years ago#3
sounds bad. my phat x360 with a DVD drive ejection issues frequently has a fast blinking green light when it tries to eject
nyuuuuuuuuu~
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Xbox 360 E console disc drive concerns

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived