This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Games With Gold FAQ 2.0

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Games With Gold FAQ 2.0

User Info: dwightschrute

dwightschrute
3 years ago#41
Cool, thanks. I went ahead and purchased the free Gold trial..turns out that doesn't apply for GWG; you have to purchase a Gold subscription. It's my fault for not reading the "fine print" but, eh, whatever.

Another question: if you let your Gold subscription expire, does the "$1 for a Month" deal (or other similar deals) still exist? When I had internet and Gold, I would let it expire and purchase the $1/month or $2/month deal. If so, can you purchase it through the site? (I would always buy it from the dashboard.)
I Was Not The Bullet.
dwightschrute posted...
Cool, thanks. I went ahead and purchased the free Gold trial..turns out that doesn't apply for GWG; you have to purchase a Gold subscription. It's my fault for not reading the "fine print" but, eh, whatever.

Another question: if you let your Gold subscription expire, does the "$1 for a Month" deal (or other similar deals) still exist? When I had internet and Gold, I would let it expire and purchase the $1/month or $2/month deal. If so, can you purchase it through the site? (I would always buy it from the dashboard.)

From what I can tell those dashboard deals stopped popping up a few months back.
PSN & GT: darkstar5577

User Info: dwightschrute

dwightschrute
3 years ago#43
SeekAndDestroy2 posted...
dwightschrute posted...

From what I can tell those dashboard deals stopped popping up a few months back.

Damn, that sucks. Oh well; $10 isn't much when free games are involved.
I Was Not The Bullet.

User Info: ghostofkraken

ghostofkraken
3 years ago#44
Are they updating right now? I keep getting error 80151901 but it doesnt say anything about updates on the xbl page.

User Info: AltiarLio

AltiarLio
3 years ago#45
Yay only one topic now!!!
Founding member of the GameFAQS Trillionares club.
Adapt or Die. GT: Tyron3L1o

User Info: fiasco86

fiasco86
3 years ago#46
AltiarLio posted...
Yay only one topic now!!!

It's about time!
June 2013: "The only way I will buy an Xbox One is if they release Halo 1 with original multiplayer" Guess I'm getting an X1.
#RestoreTheGreatPaywall
Wonder if me posting on Ask the Mods aboiut it had anything to do with it.
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.

User Info: fiasco86

fiasco86
3 years ago#48
Super Creatures posted...
Wonder if me posting on Ask the Mods aboiut it had anything to do with it.

Most likely, judging by the time frame. Thanks for doing that.
June 2013: "The only way I will buy an Xbox One is if they release Halo 1 with original multiplayer" Guess I'm getting an X1.
#RestoreTheGreatPaywall

User Info: Ben_j38

Ben_j38
3 years ago#49
Hey everyone, just got an X360 and I'm trying to optimize my game library building. I have a few questions that I need confirmation for if you don't mind. (some sources I checked are several months old so I wanna make sure it's still the case)

1st: I heard that you can benefit from "1 month of Xbox Live Gold" for up to 3 profiles per console, which would mean I could grab up to 3-months worth of games with Gold without any effort.

2nd question: let's say I sign up for gold today and grab whatever game is up now, I will also be able to grab the one from 1-15 July and the one from 16-31 of July. That's 3 games with 1 month of Gold right?

3rd question: Microsoft recently changed "deal of the week" to "deals with gold" which is bad, but concerning the "Games with Gold" does it still mean that those free games are to be kept forever, I've been traumatised by Sony and their disguised "rent for a few weeks program".

thanks in advance for your replies!
3DS FC: 4210-3971-1778 Currently on Bravely Default.
Ben_j38 posted...
1st: I heard that you can benefit from "1 month of Xbox Live Gold" for up to 3 profiles per console, which would mean I could grab up to 3-months worth of games with Gold without any effort.

Correct, however, you must creat the XBL account on the console, decline to pay for Gold when it asks, then accept the free month, you also must connect a payment option to your account in order to accept the offer (as of February 2012).

Ben_j38 posted...
2nd question: let's say I sign up for gold today and grab whatever game is up now, I will also be able to grab the one from 1-15 July and the one from 16-31 of July. That's 3 games with 1 month of Gold right?

Four actually, since both Charlie Murder and Super Street Fighter 4 are currently being offered, and potentially five depending just when the first game for August is made free (usually around 7PM the night before) and exactly when your Gold expires.

Ben_j38 posted...
Microsoft recently changed "deal of the week" to "deals with gold" which is bad

Why?

All it is is a name change, the DotW has always been Gold exclusive.

Ben_j38 posted...
but concerning the "Games with Gold" does it still mean that those free games are to be kept forever, I've been traumatised by Sony and their disguised "rent for a few weeks program".

Yes, on the 360 you do not need to keep Gold to play the free games, or and you can freely redownload them when needed.

However, on the Xbox One, you do need to have an active Gold membership to play those free games.

Also, you can use the site to add the Xbox One games to your account even if you don't own one, just so you do have them if you ever do get a One.
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Games With Gold FAQ 2.0

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.