This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The Xbox 360 shmup topic! What shmups have you played lately?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. The Xbox 360 shmup topic! What shmups have you played lately?

User Info: gabrius

gabrius
2 months ago#41
I forgot Bullet Soul had 2 releases... yes, Infinite Burst is also region free ^_^

Damn, now I want that ESPGaluda II LE...... I still have a working OG Xbox 360 somewhere >_>
SHOOTEMUP
/XBL|PSN\ - Gabrius

User Info: gabrius

gabrius
2 months ago#42
BUMP

I don't want this topic closing. The 360 board needs a shmup topic.
SHOOTEMUP
/XBL|PSN\ - Gabrius

User Info: Jack Torrance

Jack Torrance
2 months ago#43
gabrius posted...
BUMP

I don't want this topic closing. The 360 board needs a shmup topic.

I agree.

I'm currently trying my luck with Raiden Fighter Aces. No score play though. Simply playing for fun.
Currently playing: PS4, PSP, XBOX (360 & Original), Wii, PS3, DS, TurboGrafx-16/CD,NEO-GEO and ARCADE

User Info: INKU48

INKU48
2 months ago#44
Jack Torrance posted...
I'm currently trying my luck with Raiden Fighter Aces. No score play though. Simply playing for fun.

I've been playing that a bit lately too and it's kind of kicking my ass. I feel everything just blends together and the yellow bullets, yellow backgrounds and yellow explosions makes it hard to keep focus on the entire screen. Pretty hard even on Normal but I've beaten the first two now. It's fun though and offers plenty of variation in the ships. I've also always been a fan of massive sprite-based boss fights.

Also bought Sine Mora EX again on the Xbox One and I'm not liking it as much as I remembered. Way too much random BS coming out of nowhere and it's hard to see what you're allowed to touch. The bullets could also have been more pronounced and a new ship for every stage means you don't learn the hitboxes/subweapons. Feels like the game has some great ideas and some epic boss design but it's just not that enjoyable to play. Too much showing off the graphics without letting me play too.
http://i.imgur.com/z945MjU.jpg | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPtPIpXwpvs | http://imgur.com/dlYjjAX | http://i.imgur.com/yZEFTai.png

User Info: HiddenDarknessX

HiddenDarknessX
2 months ago#45
I've been enjoying Raiden IV lately after getting back into shmups, i'm thinking of importing some of the Japanese only games.

User Info: Berating

Berating
2 months ago#46
look at these nerds having fun. i love it

gabrius do you exclusively play shmups? what other games do you enjoy

also does Resogun count? yeah it's on ps4 but it's the only one i've played <_<
"...the chick never recovered. the chick who shaved his balls, she ended up getting raped at the magician castle"

User Info: PedroMontana

PedroMontana
2 months ago#47
I played some Strikers 1945 on the Switch during the last week. The Switch's tabletop mode is a pretty great option to play games in TATE mode without having to turn a huge TV on it's side.

I hope this will become a trend on the Switch (Namco Museum and Psikyo's Gunbird spinoff Gunbarich also support a TATE mode) and more shmup developers will release their games on the Switch.

Other shmups i played in the last few weeks are Blazing Star and Aero Fighters 2 in Hamster's Neo Geo Arcade Archives series on the Switch, Ghost Blade HD on Wii U and Raiden IV Overkill on PS3.

My favourite shmup ever is still Psyvariar 2 on the Dreamcast.

The 360 is still the best console for shmup fans with all the awesome Cave games and stuff like Strania and Trigger Heart Exelica.
Now that it looks like X1 won't be a viable option, i hope shmup developers get their act together and start to properly support the PS4 and the Switch instead of focusing on PC and phones.
No More Heroes

User Info: splitt442

splitt442
2 months ago#48
Raiden Fighters Aces and lots and lots of Futari.

Black Label Futari is great, so happy I bought it!
Toaplan Forever.

User Info: Puckswack12

Puckswack12
2 months ago#49
Idk of any og xbox shmups except one: Xyanide which the wiki doesnt even have on the list of bc xbox games.

I heard its not very good anyway but i think its the only actual shmup on the system.
Yup

User Info: PedroMontana

PedroMontana
2 months ago#50
Puckswack12 posted...
Idk of any og xbox shmups except one: Xyanide which the wiki doesnt even have on the list of bc xbox games.

The OG Xbox had Psyvariar 2 and Shikigami no Shiro (Castle of Shikigami) 1, Evolution and 2.

They have only been released in Japan, but those are some great shmups. I have the Dreamcast versions of Shikigami no Shiro 2 and Psyvariar and i strongly recommend them.

Castle of Shikigami 2 got a western release on PS2, Castle of Shikigami 3 got a american release on Wii.
No More Heroes
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. The Xbox 360 shmup topic! What shmups have you played lately?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived