This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What should Microsoft do to the Xbox 360 now? Discuss!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. What should Microsoft do to the Xbox 360 now? Discuss!

User Info: Citan22

Citan22
3 months ago#11
allowing users to allocate more internal or external hard drive space to the tiny antiquated 'update cache' is the ONLY thing i need MS to do that they probably will not do.

i was a very late adopter (holidays 2013) but collecting games is a hobby of mine and with the 360 it was extremely easy to acquire a massive backlog of awesome games that i know i won't get to for years since i do also enjoy playing the occasional newer release.

small glitch fixes or corrections are not my concern, but i believe some games were able to actually improve performance through updates, and i'd hate to miss out on that in the future. alas, i don't think enough people are asking MS for this. it'd probably be so easy for them to patch in a setting where we can increase the caches size up from whatever pathetic number of MB it's currently set to.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/Citan22/games/owned
Gamertag/NNID: Bonepill
(message deleted)

User Info: FireDrakeZ

FireDrakeZ
3 months ago#13
I don't know about the update cache, but the added ability of the 360 to accept an external hard drive up to 2 TB has allowed me to expand my download library. Instead of deleting games when my 250 GB capacity was filled up, I was able to transfer them to the external hard drive.

User Info: cataclisma

cataclisma
3 months ago#14
PStrife posted...
Still waiting on my region free patch, stop trolling me Microsoft.

Me too. If I'm not wrong, there is a way to make games region-free.

User Info: JoboHotep

JoboHotep
3 months ago#15
cataclisma posted...
3.Personally, I think Microsoft should release a new dashboard. The X360 dashboard has too many effects and newer games suffer from this. Newer games can crash if the Xbox Guide button is pressed.

I don't even need a new dash, I just wish MS would at least trim down the one we have already so it actually functions reasonably well.

It seems like they tried to cram as much Windows 10 into old hardware that was never designed to handle something like that. As a result, it takes a seriously long time to load anything related to the dash, some stuff just straight up doesn't load sometimes, and other stuff (looking at you, apps) causes it to crash/lock up often.

Citan22 posted...
allowing users to allocate more internal or external hard drive space to the tiny antiquated 'update cache' is the ONLY thing i need MS to do that they probably will not do.

And ^^^this, for the same reason you listed. If they would even at least give us the option of downloading updates, it wouldn't be perfect (as we'd still need to load individual updates when we needed more than 15 of them) but would at least be manageable.
i5 7600k / Hyper 212 / GIGABYTE GA-Z170M-D3H / 8GB 17000 DDR4 / Radeon R9 280x 3GB / SanDisk Z400s 240GB SSD / EVGA 600W ATX / Windows 10 Home 64 bit
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. What should Microsoft do to the Xbox 360 now? Discuss!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived