This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What do I need to know before switching Microsoft accounts

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. What do I need to know before switching Microsoft accounts

User Info: Nekoshyguy

Nekoshyguy
2 months ago#1
I'm about to switch Microsoft accounts on my Xbox 360. What do I need to know before switching? For example will I be able to redownload previous games on a different account? And if I can't do that what happens if I try to switch the email with the previous Microsoft account with the new Microsoft account? Will I still keep my games?

User Info: NuclearHendrix

NuclearHendrix
2 months ago#2
You won't be able to download the games from the new account. Only the account that was used to purchase the games can download them. Game licenses are tied to the console too though, so you can play the games using your new account. You just have to download them to the console using your old account.

I don't think changing the email will do anything, cause the games are tied to the Xbox/Microsoft account, not the email account.

btw, you can pay something like $8-$10 to change your gamertag. Just thought I'd mention that in case wanting a new gamertag was the reason for the new account.
To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize - Voltaire

Nekoshyguy
2 months ago#3
NuclearHendrix posted...
You won't be able to download the games from the new account. Only the account that was used to purchase the games can download them. Game licenses are tied to the console too though, so you can play the games using your new account. You just have to download them to the console using your old account.

I don't think changing the email will do anything, cause the games are tied to the Xbox/Microsoft account, not the email account.

btw, you can pay something like $8-$10 to change your gamertag. Just thought I'd mention that in case wanting a new gamertag was the reason for the new account.

It worked I changed the email and all my info and game liscenses are ok

User Info: zeldafanjtl

zeldafanjtl
2 months ago#4
Changing the email address on your Microsoft account isn't the same thing as using a different account. You asked about one thing and then did a different thing.
"Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock and roll." - Shigeru Miyamoto

Nekoshyguy
2 months ago#5
zeldafanjtl posted...
Changing the email address on your Microsoft account isn't the same thing as using a different account. You asked about one thing and then did a different thing.
No I mentioned about switching the email

User Info: NuclearHendrix

NuclearHendrix
2 months ago#6
Nekoshyguy posted...
zeldafanjtl posted...

"I'm about to switch Microsoft accounts on my Xbox 360"

Literally the first thing you said, lol.
To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize - Voltaire

Nekoshyguy
2 months ago#7
NuclearHendrix posted...
Nekoshyguy posted...
zeldafanjtl posted...

"I'm about to switch Microsoft accounts on my Xbox 360"

Literally the first thing you said, lol.

Yeah then halfway I asked about just switching the emails.

User Info: candlefighter

candlefighter
2 months ago#8
Nekoshyguy posted...
I asked about just switching the emails.

you mean on the original account, right? that won't change anything outside of the email on the account and where emails go when MS sends them to you.

Nekoshyguy
2 months ago#9
candlefighter posted...
Nekoshyguy posted...
I asked about just switching the emails.

you mean on the original account, right? that won't change anything outside of the email on the account and where emails go when MS sends them to you.

Yeah the story's a bit complicated sorry for the confusion but I got the problem solved

User Info: candlefighter

candlefighter
2 months ago#10
no worries. good that you solved it though.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. What do I need to know before switching Microsoft accounts

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived