This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Xbox Live Arcade games that you wanted, but never bought for some reason

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Xbox Live Arcade games that you wanted, but never bought for some reason

User Info: Ockman

Ockman
3 months ago#1
I booted up my Xbox 360 again recently, because there was a game I felt like playing on it, and it got me thinking. The Xbox 360 was a system that really did bring the idea of downloadable games on my mind, and I liked the idea of these $10 retro, or lower budget games.

I typically downloaded trials for a lot of games with the intention of buying them someday, but either forgot, or just ended up buying something else instead. Even worse, some of them might have ended up getting delisted which is something I didn't even consider at the time. Are there any games like that for anyone here that they'd like to share?

Just browsing at all the trials I had, I mostly was interested in re-releases of older games. I wish I had gotten these looking back (and I still may sometime if I want):

Ikaruga
Guardian Heroes
Neo Geo Battle Colosseum
E4 Every Extend Extra Extreme
The Simpsons Arcade Game
SoulCalibur
Radiant Silvergun
Monster World Collection
Half Minute Hero
Scott Pilgrim

User Info: zeldafanjtl

zeldafanjtl
3 months ago#2
Soul Calibur has been one of those "I'll pick it up when it's on sale" games for me, but it's literally never been on sale. I'm sure I'll get it eventually.
"Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock and roll." - Shigeru Miyamoto

User Info: darkness1018

darkness1018
3 months ago#3
Scott Pilgrim
Perfect Dark
Shadow Complex
Deathspank
Deathspank: Thongs of Virtue
The Baconing
Systems I Own: PS4, PSP

User Info: The Top Crusader

The Top Crusader
3 months ago#4
Bummer, Scott Pilgrim and Simpsons are delisted now, aren't they?

I think I got both, fortunately, but for some reason never got TMNT Arcade. :( I think it was delisted before I knew they actually bothered delisting things ever.
--
-

User Info: Guide

Guide
3 months ago#5
Marble Blast Ultra was delisted before I had disposable income.
chicken salad sandwich

User Info: JonnyBoyFF

JonnyBoyFF
3 months ago#6
I missed out on some of the Midway games (mostly upset about Smash TV) and X-Men arcade (at least I still have the demo). I've been pretty lucky otherwise.

Here's an oddball though. Wik. I really enjoyed the concept of that game, yet never purchased it. It definitely feels like an early XBLA game, and I'd get it if it were on sale. It's so obscure, though that I doubt I'll ever see it discounted.

I'm actually picking up the Space Invaders games since they're on sale right now. They've been on my list.
Life's too short to hate! Let's band together!
Become immortal Before it's too late!

User Info: Guide

Guide
3 months ago#7
Wik is actually older than the 360, so that would explain it.
chicken salad sandwich

User Info: Ockman

Ockman
3 months ago#8
They must have lowered the price on Guardian Heroes, because I don't remember it being $5 at release. Picked up a $15 gift card today for xbox, and finally bought that one at least. One down, lol. Debating what to do with the remaining $10 still.

Another game I remember really being bummed that it was delisted is After Burner Climax. It looked awesome from video I saw at release, and just seemed like before I knew it, it was delisted pretty fast.

User Info: Eyekon313

Eyekon313
3 months ago#9
Guardians Heroes is a lot of fun I have that one got it for under 5 on sale

User Info: magx

magx
3 months ago#10
Triggerheart Exelica
Soul Calibur
The Dishwasher
Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds
http://magx01.blogspot.com/
<3 Ninja Gaiden Black! I want Dynamite Cop XBLA!
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Xbox Live Arcade games that you wanted, but never bought for some reason

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived