This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Before I factory reset my hard drive...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Before I factory reset my hard drive...

User Info: Grenadus

Grenadus
3 months ago#1
Will it be possible to backup my profile, avatar other settings etc.?

My 360 is starting to freeze more often so I think factory resetting will be the best solution.

User Info: Guide

Guide
3 months ago#2
If you have gold, you can backup your saves to cloud storage. I would check this out first, though.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/game-setup/game-saves-in-the-cloud-faq
chicken salad sandwich

Grenadus
3 months ago#3
Guide posted...
If you have gold, you can backup your saves to cloud storage. I would check this out first, though.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/game-setup/game-saves-in-the-cloud-faq

Yeah I backed up all my saves I'm just wondering if there's anything else to backup? I can backup my profile and avatar on an external drive right?

Guide
3 months ago#4
Yes, though you don't need to if you know the email and password associated with that profile.
chicken salad sandwich

Grenadus
3 months ago#5
Guide posted...
Yes, though you don't need to if you know the email and password associated with that profile.

Alright thank you so I'm 100% in the clear to go I won't lose anything built in the system or anything else of importance?

Guide
3 months ago#6
Nope, long as all your saves are in the cloud, you're good to go.
chicken salad sandwich

User Info: Martti

Martti
3 months ago#7
Unless you have lots of stuff on your HDD, resetting probably wont fix the freezes. In my experience having a big USB device like 500 gigs makes the xbox freeze a lot, do you have one of those?

Grenadus
3 months ago#8
Guide posted...
Nope, long as all your saves are in the cloud, you're good to go.

Nice thanks

@Martti posted...
Unless you have lots of stuff on your HDD, resetting probably wont fix the freezes. In my experience having a big USB device like 500 gigs makes the xbox freeze a lot, do you have one of those?

I have a 320GB with 178GB free. I've cleared my cache several times but it still freezes later on. How do you think I should go on to fixing the freezing?

User Info: Martti

Martti
3 months ago#9
idk, might be the xbox dying. Clearing the cache rarely helps, its just kind of a thing people like to think.

User Info: Porcupine

Porcupine
2 months ago#10
Clearing the cache rarely does anything but completely erasing the hard drive might work to defragment it. By the way my 360 freezes at the Dashboard a lot too these days. I believe it is an Xbox Live problem, perhaps combined with buggy and fragmented Dashboard updates. I think the freezes do not happen if offline.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Before I factory reset my hard drive...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived