This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If the X sells well will MS invest in single player, rpg, and arcade games?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. If the X sells well will MS invest in single player, rpg, and arcade games?

User Info: bluefantasy

bluefantasy
3 months ago#1
Not all of us are dudebro shooter players

User Info: darkhorse723

darkhorse723
3 months ago#2
I think they're going to go with a "games as a service" route. If Anthem turns out a hit don't be surprised to see a Halo flavored version.
Gamertag: kingofallgaming

bluefantasy
3 months ago#3
darkhorse723 posted...
I think they're going to go with a "games as a service" route. If Anthem turns out a hit don't be surprised to see a Halo flavored version.

As long as we get some single player games I dont care. Let the shooters be milked.

User Info: TsC_PoLiTiKz

TsC_PoLiTiKz
3 months ago#4
I love my dudebro shooters, but I wouldn't mind more opportunities to peacefully grind in an RPG or something tbh.

More experiences = WIN
Currently Playing: Adventures of Pip (XONE); Titanfall (XONE); Splatoon (Wii U); The Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring (GBA); RuneScape (PC)

User Info: MoreRpgs

MoreRpgs
3 months ago#5
I'll buy an xbone if that happens

User Info: INKU48

INKU48
3 months ago#6
No, but third parties who make "single player, rpg, and arcade games" will be more likely to make an Xbox version of their games.
http://i.imgur.com/SCtH8BQ.jpg

bluefantasy
3 months ago#7
INKU48 posted...
No, but third parties who make "single player, rpg, and arcade games" will be more likely to make an Xbox version of their games.

thats fine too.

User Info: Hucast9

Hucast9
3 months ago#8
The XBox One X is a direct response to the backlash that the 2013 Xbox One reveal got. People rejected the notion of on-line dependence, and favored the notion of graphical muscle inside of the actual box.

I think it'll sell well. I think that eventually the Xbox One S will be replaced by the Xbox One X, and the only available console will be the X. That will take at least 2 years, though. I also think that Sony will launch PS5 holidays 2019, and Microsoft will launch the next generation Xbox in 2020.

It's anyone's guess whether they will invest in single player, rpgs, and arcade games. They should take a look at the original Xbox, and plan a strategy based on that console's business model. The original Xbox had some of the most epic games in gaming history. I'm talking Halo Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic, Project Gotham racing, Jade Empire, and a lot more. They should recognize what went right with the original Xbox, and make plans to move forward with that console as a template for the future.

bluefantasy
3 months ago#9
Hucast9 posted...
The XBox One X is a direct response to the backlash that the 2013 Xbox One reveal got. People rejected the notion of on-line dependence, and favored the notion of graphical muscle inside of the actual box.

I think it'll sell well. I think that eventually the Xbox One S will be replaced by the Xbox One X, and the only available console will be the X. That will take at least 2 years, though. I also think that Sony will launch PS5 holidays 2019, and Microsoft will launch the next generation Xbox in 2020.

It's anyone's guess whether they will invest in single player, rpgs, and arcade games. They should take a look at the original Xbox, and plan a strategy based on that console's business model. The original Xbox had some of the most epic games in gaming history. I'm talking Halo Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic, Project Gotham racing, Jade Empire, and a lot more. They should recognize what went right with the original Xbox, and make plans to move forward with that console as a template for the future.

I doubt anyone will release a new console this decade. For X to have a world wide availbility will probally be Spring 2018 if it sold out so fast as they say. And Sony isnt in a position they can bleed money like MS. The X is being sold at a loss. Plus these consoles usually have a 10 year life. X im sure has a loooong life ahead of it. Especially if it sells like hot cakes

User Info: Hucast9

Hucast9
3 months ago#10
bluefantasy posted...
Hucast9 posted...

I doubt anyone will release a new console this decade. For X to have a world wide availbility will probally be Spring 2018 if it sold out so fast as they say. And Sony isnt in a position they can bleed money like MS. The X is being sold at a loss. Plus these consoles usually have a 10 year life. X im sure has a loooong life ahead of it. Especially if it sells like hot cakes

I think that Sony has proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that the magic number for a console is $400. Now that they have been successful with the PS4, I find it highly likely that they will continue that business model even if they have to take a $50 loss for a year for a $400 PS5 in 2019. The high chance of PS5 success would make that initial loss a minor risk for them.

There is a rumor that they are planning to release PS5 in 2019 as a 9 teraflop machine that is strictly for next generation gaming. This means that PS4 won't play PS5 games, but PS5 will play PS4 games. I don't have the link, and can't cut copy and paste right now anyways, but that's what I read.

It's not far fetched. They can continue to sell PS4 at a very low price for like $200 in 2019, and the PS5 for $400 simultaneously. Me personally, I think that the magic number for a console should be $500. If the plan is to build a state of the art console in 2019, they're problably going to compromise at $400. Microsoft has the right idea with the $500 price tag.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. If the X sells well will MS invest in single player, rpg, and arcade games?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived