This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are the indie games supposed to be being removed this month?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Are the indie games supposed to be being removed this month?

User Info: DragonlordHaar8

DragonlordHaar8
3 months ago#1
That's what I heard, that they would be removed in september 2017, and well the time has come.
TvC friend code- 0947- 3795- 9587

User Info: beautifuldreams

beautifuldreams
3 months ago#2
i forgot all about that, looks like the ability to purchase indies could be gone any day now

they should still be available for download like other delisted content
nyuuuuuuuuu~

User Info: FireDrakeZ

FireDrakeZ
3 months ago#3
I have never heard of this. Why would they want to remove indies?

User Info: MrCandyland89

MrCandyland89
3 months ago#4
I have a feeling they might be removed tomorrow, I think I read somewhere that they would stop selling XBLIG on the 9th september. So i'm buying all the best games whilst I still can.

User Info: INKU48

INKU48
3 months ago#5
FireDrakeZ posted...
I have never heard of this. Why would they want to remove indies?

It's not indie games but XBLIG which was sort of a separate service where smaller indie devs could publish their games at lower requirements and costs. It won't impact normal XBLA indies in any way.

Anything you have purchased from XBLIG will also be redownloadable and still playable but you won't be able to purchase the games anymore.
http://i.imgur.com/SCtH8BQ.jpg

FireDrakeZ
3 months ago#6
INKU48 posted...
XBLIG

Thanks for the clarification. I own a lot of popular Indie games on PC, so I was wondering why they would delist some of those highly rated games on the Xbox 360.

There are some really good Indie games, but none of those I think I found on the XBLIG list.

User Info: DragonlordHaar8

DragonlordHaar8
3 months ago#7
Pick up the two aphelion games if you haven't, decent rpgs and not available on any other service like steam. I went through all of them last month and basically made a list of those I wanted that weren't on steam or such.
TvC friend code- 0947- 3795- 9587

FireDrakeZ
3 months ago#8
DragonlordHaar8 posted...
Pick up the two aphelion games if you haven't, decent rpgs and not available on any other service like steam. I went through all of them last month and basically made a list of those I wanted that weren't on steam or such.

Thanks but with a nearly 1500 game backlog on PC and the Xbox 360, I am only getting games that I really like now and intend to play in the near future. Otherwise they will probably be buried in my library and never see the light of day. And with Humble bundle, that backlog just keeps on increasing all the time.

User Info: TyrianMollusk

TyrianMollusk
3 months ago#9
FireDrakeZ posted...
I have never heard of this.

The only official word was two years ago, and it doesn't get talked about much.
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Are the indie games supposed to be being removed this month?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived