This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

X360 classics which haven't aged well.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. X360 classics which haven't aged well.

User Info: FightersRevolt

FightersRevolt
3 months ago#21
Awful post
Trump voter and apologist for the many rude, trolling and bigotry comments our supporters impose. They are mere 6 year olds that have access to PC

User Info: andri_g

andri_g
3 months ago#22
^ No; I've actually played LP. I gave it the credit and criticism, nothing more or less, that it deservingly earned.

[ Reality is an awful thing to have to face only for those whose final attempts to ignore or deny it have failed. ]
'~'

User Info: FightersRevolt

FightersRevolt
3 months ago#23
andri_g posted...
^ No; I've actually played LP. I gave it the credit and criticism, nothing more or less, that it deservingly earned.

[ Reality is an awful thing to have to face only for those whose final attempts to ignore or deny it have failed. ]

Lp?
Trump voter and apologist for the many rude, trolling and bigotry comments our supporters impose. They are mere 6 year olds that have access to PC

User Info: TsC_PoLiTiKz

TsC_PoLiTiKz
3 months ago#24
andri_g posted...
leafsfanatic81 posted...
andri_g posted...
Typically, games that didn't age well are ones that had serious unresolved (possibly ignored) issues and were released anyway.

not necessarily, if that was the case then they'd be bad from the start. In the case of Dead Rising I think the mechanics were done better in the sequels and in the first one now seem unresponsive and outdated.

That's why I said "typically." :P It's true, though; some games are bad from the start, but not all games with persistent problems [that make them less playable] are bad.

F.E.A.R.--awesome atmosphere, save problems (check-point saves only: too far apart, can be missed)
Too Human--terrific story, auto-adjust camera problems (can result in "bag over the head" beat-down death)
Enslaved: Odyssey to the West--great game-play, auto-adjust camera problems (can corrupt auto-save)

In time, gamers usually play other games with similar game-play, but without the problems of the previous game (which they no longer have to accept or ignore).

[ I've never played Dead Rising so I can't talk about the DR games. ]

I dunno dude, Enslaved was one of the most satisfying games of last gen IMO. I don't really remember anything from it bugging me...
Currently Playing: Adventures of Pip (XONE); Titanfall (XONE); Splatoon (Wii U); The Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring (GBA); RuneScape (PC)

User Info: magx

magx
2 months ago#25
drekula2 posted...

Mass Effect series I really do commend the character development, but upon replaying the game, it feels like a chore. Some really odd level design choices. Easy to get lost in certain areas. And I'd rather go on Youtube to watch the cutscenes than have to kill thousands of aliens to be rewarded with a cutscene.

You take that back right now or so help me I will track you down and break your favourite blu-ray.
http://magx01.blogspot.com/
<3 Ninja Gaiden Black! I want Dynamite Cop XBLA!

User Info: Halo_Forever

Halo_Forever
2 months ago#26
Guide posted...
The Saints Row games seemed so modern at the time, but now the control decisions are actually kinda funny.

Compare the controls to old school GTA, those games are almost unplayable these days.
Poet Eliot had it all wrong....

User Info: KingArthur3D

KingArthur3D
2 months ago#27
drekula2 posted...
I noticed that many of the acclaimed games of the gen aren't as good as I remembered them, especially titles from the first half of the gen. Maybe it's nostalgia and my tastes are more discriminating. I've had to sell a lot of games.

Most shooters. In many cases, online modes don't work anymore and we're just left with a 6 hour standard campaign with aged realistic graphics. Examples: most Tom Clancy games, most Call of Duty's (aside from 5).

Guitar Hero/Rock Band. I liked them. But friends stopped playing it and the equipment just became clutter.

Sports games. Obviously.

Mass Effect series I really do commend the character development, but upon replaying the game, it feels like a chore. Some really odd level design choices. Easy to get lost in certain areas. And I'd rather go on Youtube to watch the cutscenes than have to kill thousands of aliens to be rewarded with a cutscene.

Others:
Grand Theft Auto IV -- i still love the story and atmosphere. but, really, there's 100 missions and 90 of them are the exact same thing.
Fable II -- it was a convincing RPG at the time, but now the whole thing feels like a series of confined little areas in our open world era.
Burnout Paradise -- feels so rudimentary now.
Left 4 Dead 1-2 -- was good co-op for its time but co-op waned and genre got saturated.

Crack has been smoked.

User Info: EgoKiller801

EgoKiller801
2 months ago#28
I feel like the Mass Effect series held up very well. Even the first game is super playable and enjoyable still (hell, it may still be my favorite even).
http://i.imgur.com/YOs6vEi.png?1

User Info: andri_g

andri_g
2 months ago#29
^ ME1 is my favorite of the series, even with the Mako.

[ I enjoyed Bring Down the Sky a lot more than I thought I would. ]
'~'
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. X360 classics which haven't aged well.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived