This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is Vanquish still worth buying at $5?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Is Vanquish still worth buying at $5?

User Info: gbpackers

gbpackers
3 months ago#1
Or should I just skip this game? $5 isn't much but in your opinion, does this game still hold up to today's standards? Is the graphics still playable, framerate, glitches, MP, etc?
Arizona Cardinals cheated in the OT game. The coin flipping controversy as well. We've been cheated by the NFL. - 2016

User Info: INKU48

INKU48
3 months ago#2
It's short and has no MP but it still looks and plays fine. The gameplay in particular is super fun. Can't remember any glitches or issues with framerate. For five bucks it's a great game.
http://i.imgur.com/SCtH8BQ.jpg

gbpackers
3 months ago#3
INKU48 posted...
It's short and has no MP but it still looks and plays fine. The gameplay in particular is super fun. Can't remember any glitches or issues with framerate. For five bucks it's a great game.

Thanks, just grabbed it off the Xbox store and it's downloading. Can't wait to play it again since I rent it back in the days for few hours but never finished it.
Arizona Cardinals cheated in the OT game. The coin flipping controversy as well. We've been cheated by the NFL. - 2016

User Info: Hucast9

Hucast9
3 months ago#4
gbpackers posted...
Or should I just skip this game? $5 isn't much but in your opinion, does this game still hold up to today's standards? Is the graphics still playable, framerate, glitches, MP, etc?

It's a really good game. The game's graphics are extremely good. This game is so graphically demanding that it had to be under 720p resolution in order for it to run acceptably. I would highly recommend this game, and I would rate it a 9/10.

gbpackers
3 months ago#5
Hucast9 posted...
gbpackers posted...

It's a really good game. The game's graphics are extremely good. This game is so graphically demanding that it had to be under 720p resolution in order for it to run acceptably. I would highly recommend this game, and I would rate it a 9/10.

Alright! Should I get it now digitally or find a used copy at Gamestop?

User Info: JackBurton85

JackBurton85
3 months ago#6
The notion that any 360 title would have ALREADY aged so poorly visually/graphically as to render it not worth playing blows my f***ing mind.

We are like what, 2-3 years removed from that gen? And people are already posing questions like this? Are people out o their f***ing minds????

Hucast9
3 months ago#7
JackBurton85 posted...
The notion that any 360 title would have ALREADY aged so poorly visually/graphically as to render it not worth playing blows my f***ing mind.

We are like what, 2-3 years removed from that gen? And people are already posing questions like this? Are people out o their f***ing minds????

It'l be 4 years in November 2017. Actually, those of you holding out to buy an XBox One should do so now. There are rumors that we are more than halfway through the generation right now with talk of 9 teraflop Playstation 5 possibly launching in 2019, but I digress.

Yes, it is a silly notion that the graphics of 360 titles aged so poorly to not be playable. I recently played Red faction Armageddon, and that game could easily pass for a launch 2013 current gen PS4 or Xbox One game. It really does look great.

Vanquish is extremely impressive graphically. The amount of things going on onscreen in Vanquish is nothing short of amazing. The game is a visual stunner, and has some of the best graphics from last gen. Like I said, they had to make the game 540p instead of 720p because of the graphical demand. That should tell you something about its graphics. It's a good third person shooter too. I have this for PS3 by the way.

Hucast9
3 months ago#8
gbpackers posted...
Hucast9 posted...
gbpackers posted...

Doesn't really matter if it's $5. At that price I would get it digital.

gbpackers
3 months ago#9
Hucast9 posted...
gbpackers posted...
Hucast9 posted...
gbpackers posted...

Doesn't really matter if it's $5. At that price I would get it digital.

Yeah, you're right. Gamestop is also selling it for $4.99 used lol

Hopefully it'll become BC soon!
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Is Vanquish still worth buying at $5?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived