This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is Vanquish still worth buying at $5?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Is Vanquish still worth buying at $5?

User Info: MertensCW

MertensCW
3 months ago#11
Of course it is. The gameplay is one of the best around, once you realize it isn't meant to be played as a traditional cover based TPS.
Few Favorites- Ninja gaiden 1-2, Colony Wars 1-3,Xenogears,MarioKart,Lunar 2 GTA:SA,S&K,FF6-7,Zanac,S.Metroid,SMB2,NFL2K5,Halo 2, NG2,Vanquish,Witcher 2.

User Info: vashkey

vashkey
3 months ago#12
JackBurton85 posted...
The notion that any 360 title would have ALREADY aged so poorly visually/graphically as to render it not worth playing blows my f***ing mind.

We are like what, 2-3 years removed from that gen? And people are already posing questions like this? Are people out o their f***ing minds????

While I think that Vanquish is still a good looking game I can't help to point out that at this point the Xbox 360 is nearly 12 year old hardware. Vanquish itself is a seven year old action game that's sub 720p that can't lock down 30fps. While I think calling it unplayable is a huge stretch it defintely isn't going to compare favorable to how most shooters these days can run on modern consoles are at least 900p and 60fps.

Thats said I think Vanquish is a fantastic game and very much worth your time and money. The PC version is the best and some supposed leaks from retailers suggest an Xbox One and PS4 version are on the way.

User Info: gbpackers

gbpackers
3 months ago#13
MertensCW posted...
Of course it is. The gameplay is one of the best around, once you realize it isn't meant to be played as a traditional cover based TPS.

True that.
Arizona Cardinals cheated in the OT game. The coin flipping controversy as well. We've been cheated by the NFL. - 2016

User Info: JackBurton85

JackBurton85
2 months ago#14
vashkey posted...
While I think that Vanquish is still a good looking game I can't help to point out that at this point the Xbox 360 is nearly 12 year old hardware. Vanquish itself is a seven year old action game that's sub 720p that can't lock down 30fps. While I think calling it unplayable is a huge stretch it defintely isn't going to compare favorable to how most shooters these days can run on modern consoles are at least 900p and 60fps.

How a game "runs" and all this fps stuff means nothing to me. Ive never played a 360 game with n64 caliber slowdown, i never heard of Vanquish suffering from such things. Given that, I dont see what the technical jargon nonsense has to do with anything. It looks fantastic even today, regardless of whether it's "900p or 60fps" or not, even if it may not look as breathtaking as some brand new shooter on xbox one.

Again, outrageously dumb topic.

gbpackers
2 months ago#15
JackBurton85 posted...
vashkey posted...

How a game "runs" and all this fps stuff means nothing to me. Ive never played a 360 game with n64 caliber slowdown, i never heard of Vanquish suffering from such things. Given that, I dont see what the technical jargon nonsense has to do with anything. It looks fantastic even today, regardless of whether it's "900p or 60fps" or not, even if it may not look as breathtaking as some brand new shooter on xbox one.

Again, outrageously dumb topic.

If you're not going to contribute to the topic then leave. Being a troll doesn't make you a good one at it. Try harder.
Arizona Cardinals cheated in the OT game. The coin flipping controversy as well. We've been cheated by the NFL. - 2016
(message deleted)
(message deleted)

User Info: JCuster

JCuster
2 months ago#18
It's a steal at $5.00(I think I payed full price for it on release...). The game just had an excellent PC release, and it's rumored that we may get a Bayonetta 1/Vanquish remaster on Xbone/PS4...good time to check it out and prepare if we get a re-release.
Only if you say the word "Monkey."

gbpackers
2 months ago#19
JCuster posted...
It's a steal at $5.00(I think I payed full price for it on release...). The game just had an excellent PC release, and it's rumored that we may get a Bayonetta 1/Vanquish remaster on Xbone/PS4...good time to check it out and prepare if we get a re-release.

True that. I have Bayonetta and bought Vanquish after I created this topic just in case Vanquish goes BC and/or remastered too.
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Is Vanquish still worth buying at $5?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived