This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The JRPG machine

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. The JRPG machine

User Info: Boogie_WoogieWu

Boogie_WoogieWu
2 months ago#11
VeryDarkSoul posted...
uh no ps3 had way more jrpgs than that

What, not going to bring up the fact that so did the 360?

User Info: snakes_righteye

snakes_righteye
2 months ago#12
This was the reason I went 360 last gen. The reason I went ps4 this gen.
Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken!

User Info: Halo_Forever

Halo_Forever
2 months ago#13
beautifuldreams posted...
what are the decent/great PS3 JRPGs that i missed? please no SRPGs

Folklore was somewhat unique.

The Lost Dimension was also founded on a unique idea, though I don't know if I'd actually call it good.

Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters is similar to The Lost Dimension, unique, but kinda flawed.

Trinity: Souls of Zill O'll sounds like rubbish, but is actually a pretty decent action JRPG from the makers of Dynasty Warriors.

Persona 5 is also considered very good.
Poet Eliot had it all wrong....

User Info: VeryDarkSoul

VeryDarkSoul
2 months ago#14
I must be in backwards world because one common complaint was the 360 didn't have many jrpgs, sony's systems always had far more
Rand Paul 2016

User Info: INKU48

INKU48
2 months ago#15
VeryDarkSoul posted...
I must be in backwards world because one common complaint was the 360 didn't have many jrpgs, sony's systems always had far more

Not sure if you owned both consoles early last gen but it was widely known that the Xbox 360 was the better console for JRPGs until late in the generation. Largely because the PS3 was terrible for the genre but nonetheless. The little that came out for the PS3 which wasn't multiplat was often downright terrible like Last Rebellion and Mugen Souls or more niche like Disgaea and Atelier and even then it was slim pickings early in the gen. The PS3 didn't start getting even decent at "normal" JRPGs until 2012 and beyond with Tales games and Ni no kuni. Meanwhile the 360 had some big and acclaimed exclusive ones like Vesperia, Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon plus that the mid-tier stuff was actually decent unlike the pandering panties-garbage the PS3 had.

The PS3 had Valkyria Chronicles but that was about it.

Things did change late in the generation when Microsoft pretty much pulled out of Japan and the 360 only got a few multiplats but early on, everyone knew that the 360 was the better choice for JRPGs. I would not be surprised if it was called "the JRPG machine" during its glory days. The PS3 had its glory years in 2012-2017 for the genre in the west.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4oTU0srt2I

User Info: Halo_Forever

Halo_Forever
2 months ago#16
INKU48 posted...
The PS3 had Valkyria Chronicles but that was about it.

It had Demon's Souls though...
Poet Eliot had it all wrong....

VeryDarkSoul
2 months ago#17
@INKU48 wtf you can't just dismiss a few dozen games just because they're "niche" The Disgaea games are great and so are the Atelier ones.
Rand Paul 2016

User Info: INKU48

INKU48
2 months ago#18
VeryDarkSoul posted...
@INKU48 wtf you can't just dismiss a few dozen games just because they're "niche" The Disgaea games are great and so are the Atelier ones.

I didn't, I mentioned them. I only meant to imply that they are less mainstream than Tales and Lost Odyssey. There was a grand total of two Atelier games in the west pre-2012 and two Disgaea games and all of them were post-2010. I only said the Xbox 360 was widely known as the better JRPG machine until late in the generation. In my opinion that lasted up until 2012-2013 but it definitely was the case pre-2011.

And Demon's Souls feels more like an "aside" in a discussion about JRPGs. If you include Demon's Souls in that discussion then you might as well have it be about RPGs in general.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4oTU0srt2I

User Info: MoreRpgs

MoreRpgs
2 months ago#19
Is the only reason why I haven't bought an xbone, lacks jrpgs, unlike the 360 that had plenty

VeryDarkSoul
2 months ago#20
no xbox360 was never known as the better jrpg machine, ever
Rand Paul 2016
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. The JRPG machine

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived