This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The JRPG machine

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. The JRPG machine

User Info: beautifuldreams

beautifuldreams
2 months ago#21
to me it seems like people are just including everything RPGish as a JRPG to try to buff PS3. there were a few i missed like Persona 5, FFX, but a lot of the others are a stretch
nyuuuuuuuuu~

User Info: INKU48

INKU48
2 months ago#22
beautifuldreams posted...
to me it seems like people are just including everything RPGish as a JRPG to try to buff PS3. there were a few i missed like Persona 5, FFX, but a lot of the others are a stretch

"JRPG" is a poorly defined concept that different individuals use in different ways. Most people seem to for example include SRPGs, some include action-RPGs like Ys, some say it has to be turn-based but still claim the Tales games are part of the genre, others require an anime art style and some say it's just RPGs made by Japanese companies. Then there are the nutcases who basically include anything Japanese. I have several times seen Catherine being recommended as a JRPG.

It's a word that has lost its meaning and can't be used without further clarifying what you actually mean with it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4oTU0srt2I

User Info: VeryDarkSoul

VeryDarkSoul
2 months ago#23
for every person calling catherine rpg there's some dummy calling mass effect an rpg
Rand Paul 2016

User Info: INKU48

INKU48
2 months ago#24
- Hidden post history
- The PS3 started out last gen with more good JRPGs
- Mass Effect is not an RPG

Totally legit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4oTU0srt2I
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. The JRPG machine

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived