This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I just fired up Skyrim and some other games today....

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. I just fired up Skyrim and some other games today....

User Info: baddestwitcher

baddestwitcher
3 months ago#1
....and I'm surprised how well Skyrim holds up graphically.....the snowy areas in particular look better to me in this than the Special Edition.

360 Skyrim holds its own and has aged fine enough........

Would love to see it backwards comp so I can continue my game on Xbox one because my 360 shuts off on its own sometimes....

Also fired up Metro last Light, GTA 5, Halo 4 and BioShock Infinite....devs truly worked magic on these old consoles at the end of their life.........

Great console....

User Info: beautifuldreams

beautifuldreams
3 months ago#2
the other week i went from playing Rise of the Tomb Raider (2015) to Condemned: Criminal Origins demo (2005). it was stunning to see how far graphics came from the beginning to the end.

Skyrim Remaster is still only getting discounted down to $30 during sales, so i don't see Betheseda giving the okay to make Skyrim x360 BC anytime soon (if ever)
nyuuuuuuuuu~

User Info: JackBurton85

JackBurton85
2 months ago#3
The notion that games from the last gen have already aged to the point people are seriously discussing whether they have "held up" is absolutely outrageous, and flat out f***ing stupid.

User Info: baddestwitcher

baddestwitcher
2 months ago#4
Some of them have aged graphically. If you haven't thought so that way then you are still stuck in last gen or you need your eyes checked out.

User Info: Alphrin

Alphrin
2 months ago#5
JackBurton85 posted...
The notion that games from the last gen have already aged to the point people are seriously discussing whether they have "held up" is absolutely outrageous, and flat out f***ing stupid.

Last gen started over ten years ago...it'd be pretty sad if graphics barely got any better in all that time.

User Info: OgesMC

OgesMC
2 months ago#6
Alphrin posted...
JackBurton85 posted...

Last gen started over ten years ago...it'd be pretty sad if graphics barely got any better in all that time.

Not if youve been gaming for decades. Mid life graphics of last gen is good enough for me for the rest of my days honestly.
RIP Ultimate Warrior (1959-2014), a pure embodiment of intensity and raw power.
"The power of The Warrior will always prevail." - Ultimate Warrior

User Info: Halo_Forever

Halo_Forever
2 months ago#7
beautifuldreams posted...
the other week i went from playing Rise of the Tomb Raider (2015) to Condemned: Criminal Origins demo (2005). it was stunning to see how far graphics came from the beginning to the end.

Condemned was one of the prettiest launch titles on the Xbox 360, you could compare RoTR to King Kong for a more accurate comparison.
Poet Eliot had it all wrong....

User Info: HELLASISGREECE

HELLASISGREECE
2 months ago#8
OgesMC posted...
Alphrin posted...
JackBurton85 posted...

Not if youve been gaming for decades. Mid life graphics of last gen is good enough for me for the rest of my days honestly.

This.
!!!STx ANGER!!!

User Info: JackBurton85

JackBurton85
2 months ago#9
baddestwitcher posted...
Some of them have aged graphically. If you haven't thought so that way then you are still stuck in last gen or you need your eyes checked out.

No. They may not look as good as what curren gen is producing, but only ones that had poor graphics to begin with will look "aged" or anything similar.

User Info: magx

magx
2 months ago#10
Halo_Forever posted...
beautifuldreams posted...

Condemned was one of the prettiest launch titles on the Xbox 360, you could compare RoTR to King Kong for a more accurate comparison.

Yes, but Rise of the Tomb Raider was one of the prettiest for 2015 era so it works.
http://magx01.blogspot.com/
<3 Ninja Gaiden Black! I want Dynamite Cop XBLA!
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. I just fired up Skyrim and some other games today....

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived