This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

XBLIG Service Extended to Oct. 7

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. XBLIG Service Extended to Oct. 7

User Info: spooie

spooie
2 months ago#11
I don't think any of it has disappeared, though.

A number had temporarily vanished in the middle of the week, but they all returned.
Owner of NES, SNES, N64, GCN, Wii, SMS, GEN, TG16, PSX, PS2, PS3, XBOX, X360, XB1, GB, GBC, GBA SP, GB Micro, DS, DS Lite, PSP and a lot of crappy games.

User Info: Porcupine

Porcupine
2 months ago#12
Nothing is happening as claimed.

Not only are all the indie games still up, but Free Gold weekend ended a day early. It still says Free Gold weekend on the dashboard but it's not free any longer.

User Info: beautifuldreams

beautifuldreams
2 months ago#13
they have been struggling for months to get the weekly 360 deals prices updated, so i wouldn't be shocked if it takes weeks to delist all the of XBLIG.

it's really strange that they struggle with such simple changes, especially when it delays Majornelson from advertising the weekly deals (Majornelson doesn't post the weekly deals until all the xbone & x360 prices are up)
nyuuuuuuuuu~

spooie
2 months ago#14
Trying to buy Ninja Recapture, but it won't let me... the console tells me to clear my cache and settings and their website says it cannot be purchased at this time.
Owner of NES, SNES, N64, GCN, Wii, SMS, GEN, TG16, PSX, PS2, PS3, XBOX, X360, XB1, GB, GBC, GBA SP, GB Micro, DS, DS Lite, PSP and a lot of crappy games.

User Info: TsC_PoLiTiKz

TsC_PoLiTiKz
2 months ago#15
spooie posted...
Trying to buy Ninja Recapture, but it won't let me... the console tells me to clear my cache and settings and their website says it cannot be purchased at this time.

Yeah, I received this when I tried to buy something:

https://imgur.com/AnkjDGf

So I think XBLIGs MAY be dead... :( Definitely sucks.
Currently Playing: Adventures of Pip (XONE); Titanfall (XONE); Splatoon (Wii U); The Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring (GBA); RuneScape (PC)

User Info: yoshox2000

yoshox2000
2 months ago#16
Most of the games don't even show anymore, and the ones that do can't be purchased.

Shame, I got about fifty some games over the weekend, but there's still a few notable ones I wish I could have purchased.

I realized while looking for stuff to buy before the shutdown that there were a lot more good games on the service than I realized. It's a sad state of affairs now with online storefronts going down (like the Wii Shop) and other games that have been de-listed over the past couple of years, never to be seen again

The digital future is lame and I don't like it.

R.I.P. XBLIG

spooie
2 months ago#17
I booted up the system after work and noticed that there were only 7 games left you could actually download trials for and I don't think any of them could be purchased.

Three on the Indie Games main screen:

Escape Goat
ZDQ II Ghost Dogs

The last four games in the Index A-Z section:

Ariane Odyssey
Electric Racing Car
Solaroids: Prologue
Yet Another Zombie Defense 2

Going into last weekend, I owned 4 XBLIG games. Today, I own 101. So... yeah, I did a little shopping. Plus I have another 300+ demos.

Porcupine
2 months ago#18
Oh well. I did buy a few games in the last couple weeks, but mostly downloaded a lot of trials (on a separate account, don't want to pollute my main one). I forgot to finish getting trials for everything I wanted to, though. I was hoping they would at least leave the trials up.

User Info: beautifuldreams

beautifuldreams
2 months ago#19
97 games, wow that is a lot of shopping.
my XBLIG lifetime total is 36 games:
5 excellent
16 good
10 decent
5 clunkers
131 trials / not purchased
nyuuuuuuuuu~

Porcupine
2 months ago#20
I checked it out yesterday and it's as reported. Turns out it doesn't really matter that I didn't finish getting around to adding a few extra trials to my download history. Because you cannot redownload any trial games from your history. It will give an error. You can, however, still download purchased indie games.

If you already have trial games installed, you can play them as normal, but attempting to buy the game will have varying effects by the game and the particular screen.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. XBLIG Service Extended to Oct. 7

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived