This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why new Gamers should get an xbox 360 and not an xbox one or ps4

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Why new Gamers should get an xbox 360 and not an xbox one or ps4

User Info: TitusTinnitus

TitusTinnitus
2 months ago#1
This is an completely incoherent and off topic list I just typed out unedited that probably wont be accepted on this site.
its just a list of games comparing ps3 to 360

Didnt know where to put this topic, so ill try here.

ITS A CONSOLE WAR, this match will get red hot , ITS ON!

xbox 360 info for noobs plays music cd and DVDs games as well as rental services digital purchases netflicks app and youtube app
the internet explorer app is better than ps3 web browser . does not play blue ray and you have to pay for xbox live

Refurbashed original 360 (from eb games) is very sturdy reliable and cheap 80 CAD but loud.
Refurbashed xbox 360 S Or E model are both quiet 140 CAD

360 plays xbox original with very few probelms

xbox games

Knights of the old republic 1 and 2 Jade empire
Jade empire
Star wars battlefront 2
Genma onimusha
Fable
Ninja Gaiden
Halo CE Halo 2
Hulk ultimate destruction
doom 3
Max payne 1 and 2
SOul calibur 2
Mortal combat shaolin monks
the Suffering ties that bind
Half life 2

just to name a few

360 games

Dragon ball z budokai HD
Gta 4 red dead sleeping dogs
AVP alien isolation
bioshock series
fable 2 and 3
Halo 3 and reach Halo CE annaversary
far cry 3 and 4
Assassins creed series
Gears of war series
Mass effect series
Oblivion skyrim
Konami classics collection
The witcher 3
Orange box portal 2
Dead space series
Dark souls 1 and 2
Lost oddysey ,
Mortal kombat
,SOnic UCG,
devil may cry HD

TitusTinnitus
2 months ago#2
!!!! VERSES !!!!

Ps3

list for newbs
Ps3 slim 130 CAd 120 gb plays blue rays dvds music cds ps1 ps3 games as well as rental services digital purchases and free online play netflicks app and youtube app

uncharted series *
metal gear legacy edition ***** Inclues> metal gear 1 and 2 disc.. Metal gear solid MSG VR missions (downloads) Metal gear solid 2 and 3 disc . Metal gear solid 4 disc<
demon souls
dark souls 1* and 2
dragons crown
infamous series
bioshock series *
mass effect series
far cry 1 2 3 4 and blood dragon
Oblivion Skyrim
Grand theft auto 4 Red dead redemption sleeping dogs
Alien vs predator Alien isolation
Dead space series
mortal kombat
portal 2 Orange Box
god of war 3
The last of us **
assassins creed series
SOnic UCG
Dragon ball budokai HD
devil may cry HD
Remastered ps2 games
Jak and daxter collection
God of war collection
Sly cooper collection
Rachet and clank collection
Final fantasy 10 remastered ****

downloads / imports Okami HD

Cheap PSONE classics downloads

Final fantasy 6**** 7***** 8 9
Suikoden 1 and 2 **
xenogears
Alundra
Chrono trigger

Rayman
Resident Evil
Castlevania Sotn
Crash Bandicoot series Crash Team Racing
Mega man X5
Twisted metal 2
Street fighter Alpha 3 *
Metal slug X

The early Ps3 Fat model will play ps2 games but not all ps4 fat models will play ps2 games

PS2 calssics downloads
Limited experience cannot reccomend

Not all ps1 discs work well I have limted experience with this
some Ps1 discs recommended

Tetris plus
Xenogears
Geikioh shooting king

The ability to Play original Xbox games is a massive bonus for xbox which i believe most gamers will like
The PSone classics JRPG selection is what sets ps3 apart and into a higher level (pun intended)
However I feel that most noobs, like most modern people ( but not all), will be disinterested in the ps3's psone classics selection
The ability of xbox 360 to play xbox original games(accept marvel vs capcom 2)perfectly and the poor quality of which ps3 plays ps1 discs Is why the xbox 360 edges out the ps3 for noobie gamers.
However However However if the person shows any interest in JPGS or If they can get ahold of a Ps3 fat system that plays ps2 games ( which i have no experience with)then the PS3 absolutely SMASHES the xbox 360.whichever you choose you really cannot go wrong .if youre looking to get into gaming DO NOT BUY A CURRENT GEN CONSOLE it would be such a missed opportunity and a waste of money

User Info: Parody86

Parody86
2 months ago#3
...."Typical". .Ha,I'm referring to me not being patient and doing proper research and/or looking around,etc... I bought a 360black/250gb I believe,for $100,Which wasn't the 1st one I've bought....I Love 360,ol'gal, I'm just glad I was able to avoid the... prepubescent RROD coming of age/party favor stage...and,gee,I think we were a little too deeP for the average sailor some strive to be. :p Did I just type that? ...Ya see,my gal...look,I have to..."Load" and unload multiple times,until she..'it' will accept and Play along. I'd love to elaborate, but I digress...
P.S. Any way I can get a few extra miles outta her would be quite spiffy,She is of the black,slim,mold and heavily worn. Would it be worth the Trouble to bust her Open? All in good spirit Thank You

User Info: BlueJester007

BlueJester007
2 months ago#4
I don’t own an Xbox One or a Switch.

I do own a 360 and a PS4, and I have no desire to get the newer consoles.

To be perfectly honest, I have been playing older gen consoles far greater than my PS4.

I’ve been playing PS2 and Gamecube games more than anything else.
Donald Trump has trumped everyone.
If this offends you, email your complaints to idontgiveacrap@growupyoumoron.net

User Info: JcOpIVY86

JcOpIVY86
2 months ago#5
I definitely think someone starting out should start a generation behind.
Or at least get a system that has been out for many years.

Today, I'd recommend a PS3/360 and 3DS to new gamers.
All systems have huge libraries, along with past titles, through download or legitimate backwards compatibility.

Its also cheaper to jump in, for the system and the best titles each platform offers.
Sometimes it's what you don't do that makes you who you are.
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y115/jckorn86/smallerbanner.jpg

User Info: MoreRpgs

MoreRpgs
2 months ago#6
I started with snes/genesis generation so have a lot of catching up to do

TitusTinnitus
2 months ago#7
Parody86 posted...
...."Typical". .Ha,I'm referring to me not being patient and doing proper research and/or looking around,etc... I bought a 360black/250gb I believe,for $100,Which wasn't the 1st one I've bought....I Love 360,ol'gal, I'm just glad I was able to avoid the... prepubescent RROD coming of age/party favor stage...and,gee,I think we were a little too deeP for the average sailor some strive to be. :p Did I just type that? ...Ya see,my gal...look,I have to..."Load" and unload multiple times,until she..'it' will accept and Play along. I'd love to elaborate, but I digress...
P.S. Any way I can get a few extra miles outta her would be quite spiffy,She is of the black,slim,mold and heavily worn. Would it be worth the Trouble to bust her Open? All in good spirit Thank You

lol?
yeah My very old xbox 360 had a broken disc tray as well. Had to "load and unload her " alot. She eventually stopped playing along

TitusTinnitus
2 months ago#8
BlueJester007 posted...
I don’t own an Xbox One or a Switch.

I do own a 360 and a PS4, and I have no desire to get the newer consoles.

To be perfectly honest, I have been playing older gen consoles far greater than my PS4.

I’ve been playing PS2 and Gamecube games more than anything else.

Gamecube is the bomb , such awesome graphics

TitusTinnitus
2 months ago#9
MoreRpgs posted...
I started with snes/genesis generation so have a lot of catching up to do

when Did you start with snes/genesis generation?

if youre looking for more rpgs the original playstation is the only way to go

TitusTinnitus
2 months ago#10
JcOpIVY86 posted...
I definitely think someone starting out should start a generation behind.
Or at least get a system that has been out for many years.

Today, I'd recommend a PS3/360 and 3DS to new gamers.
All systems have huge libraries, along with past titles, through download or legitimate backwards compatibility.

Its also cheaper to jump in, for the system and the best titles each platform offers.

yeah

another great and inexpensive system is obviously the Nintendo Wii ,especially for kids

the system is like 60 CAD most of the games are under 20$

Super mario galaxy 1 and 2 , Donkey kong country returns, Smash bros, Mario kart exc

feel bad for anyone paying like 400-500 Canadian for a Nintendo switch and 80$ a game for their 6 year old

I got a Wii from a garage sale for 40$ CAD it had a bunch of fitness games wii sports and a Wii fit board (and i must stress that these were Canadian Dollars which are next to worthless)
I love wii fit
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Why new Gamers should get an xbox 360 and not an xbox one or ps4

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived