This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why new Gamers should get an xbox 360 and not an xbox one or ps4

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Why new Gamers should get an xbox 360 and not an xbox one or ps4

User Info: FireDrakeZ

FireDrakeZ
2 months ago#11
I started gaming with the Xbox 360 and then got a gaming PC.

With the gaming PC, I can get many titles(usually at a much lower cost than on console) that were available but not exclusive for the older console systems as well as the newer Xbox One(via the Windows 10 store via the Play Anywhere option) so I don't see a need for getting a newer Xbox One console.

With the Xbox 360, I was able to play many Xbox(both OG Xbox and 360) or PS console exclusives that were not available or have been delisted on steam, and other PC sites(due to expired licenses and other reasons) on PC including the Halo series, Gears of War series, Fable 2 and 3, Devil May Cry 1-3 HD, Red Dead Redemption, Alice Madness Returns, MGD solid HD collection, Chronicles of Riddick, Lost Odyssey, James Bond games, etc.

Because some games play better on their original platforms(either Xbox console or PC) and are considered bad ports on the other, I have been able to pick and choose the platform on which I play a specific game.

I love my Xbox 360 and still play it a lot today. Unlike on PC, I don't have to tweak or fiddle with my Xbox 360 game in order to make it playable on my system. You just need to insert the disc or choose your digital downloaded title and you are good to go.

It is true that with a good PC, you have more options and a much better viewing experience at 1080p or 4K resolutions, but in a lot of cases the difference(between the Xbox 360 and PC) is not that obvious, plus you get the convenience of playing the game from your couch with your controller without having to look for ways to make the game playable on your particular PC.

Obviously I am missing a lot of Playstation exclusives, but with a more 1500 game backlog(on my PC and Xbox 360) many of which are the AAA variety, I don't really feel a need to get their consoles.

User Info: TitusTinnitus

TitusTinnitus
2 months ago#12
FireDrakeZ posted...

With the gaming PC, I can get many titles(usually at a much lower cost than on console) that were available but not exclusive for the older console systems as well as the newer Xbox One(via the Windows 10 store via the Play Anywhere option) so I don't see a need for getting a newer Xbox One console.

With the Xbox 360, I was able to play many Xbox(both OG Xbox and 360) or PS console exclusives that were not available or have been delisted on steam, and other PC sites(due to expired licenses and other reasons) on PC including the Halo series, Gears of War series, Fable 2 and 3, Devil May Cry 1-3 HD, Red Dead Redemption, Alice Madness Returns, MGD solid HD collection, Chronicles of Riddick, Lost Odyssey, James Bond games, etc.

Because some games play better on their original platforms(either Xbox console or PC) and are considered bad ports on the other, I have been able to pick and choose the platform on which I play a specific game.

I love my Xbox 360 and still play it a lot today. Unlike on PC, I don't have to tweak or fiddle with my Xbox 360 game in order to make it playable on my system. You just need to insert the disc or choose your digital downloaded title and you are good to go.

It is true that with a good PC, you have more options and a much better viewing experience at 1080p or 4K resolutions, but in a lot of cases the difference(between the Xbox 360 and PC) is not that obvious, plus you get the convenience of playing the game from your couch with your controller without having to look for ways to make the game playable on your particular PC.

Obviously I am missing a lot of Playstation exclusives, but with a more 1500 game backlog(on my PC and Xbox 360) many of which are the AAA variety, I don't really feel a need to get their consoles.

Right on seems like youve got it figured out nicely
The only thing I would have to say you're really missing out on is The Last Of Us. So that's not bad

User Info: INKU48

INKU48
2 months ago#13
I would recommend a new gamer to start with current gen, as in X1 or PS4. The games and consoles are more accessible and games look better. If current gen turns him into a super-hardcore gamer then he can go back to older gens but just playing current and future games is probably more than enough for most gamers.

Especially true with Xbox since the Xbox One also plays most mainstream Xbox 360 games via BC.

Cost is the only real reason to go with the 360 but that can be a good reason for many people. Used consoles are cheap, used games are cheap and digital discounts on XBL are often steep. Buying an Xbox 360 right now can give you a lot of bang for your buck.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4oTU0srt2I

User Info: TsC_PoLiTiKz

TsC_PoLiTiKz
2 months ago#14
I would start current-gen tbh, but that's just me.
Currently Playing: Adventures of Pip (XONE); Titanfall (XONE); Splatoon (Wii U); The Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring (GBA); RuneScape (PC)

FireDrakeZ
2 months ago#15
TitusTinnitus posted...
FireDrakeZ posted...

The only thing I would have to say you're really missing out on is The Last Of Us. So that's not bad

Thanks. Sure I am missing a lot of PS3 exclusives like the The Last of Us, God of War and the Uncharted series, but with my backlog I don't really feel any urgency to get a PS3 or PS4 console just to play those games either.

And my PC backlog just keeps on getting bigger with each humble bundle offering.

BTW, I didn't realize that there was an Onimusha game on the Xbox platform, until you listed it. I had one of the Onimusha sequels, Onimusha Demon Siege on my PC, but I always thought the rest of the series were Playstation exclusives.

TitusTinnitus
2 months ago#16
INKU48 posted...
I would recommend a new gamer to start with current gen, as in X1 or PS4. The games and consoles are more accessible and games look better. If current gen turns him into a super-hardcore gamer then he can go back to older gens but just playing current and future games is probably more than enough for most gamers.

Especially true with Xbox since the Xbox One also plays most mainstream Xbox 360 games via BC.

Cost is the only real reason to go with the 360 but that can be a good reason for many people. Used consoles are cheap, used games are cheap and digital discounts on XBL are often steep. Buying an Xbox 360 right now can give you a lot of bang for your buck.

honestly the games look good enough on 360 and ps3
I think if you took a noobie and showed them dead space 2 and uncharted 2 or mass effect 2 and then told them .This is ps4 pro. they would probably just believe you
I went from playing dark souls to playing bloodborne on ps4 this year and Honestly.. Bloodborne looks great but so does Dark souls Especially if I have my hdmi cable hooked up to my 360. The only real difference i can see is better resolution . Dark souls is blurrier if you look carefully. But thats not something a newb is going to notice . Imho Ps4 wasnt as big a leap as i was expecting . I can certainly tell the difference and I like bloodborne Alot but the reason I havent upgraded to current gen until now was because there really wasnt all that much to play. There is more to play now however but its still expensive. sooo yeh I dont understand why anyone whos new should get a ps4... not when you can play superior games like Far cry 3 and The last of us for so cheap

PS for anyone interested. There is no hdmi port on an original xbox 360. AV only. You can only hook an hdmi cable up to The 360 E and 360 S models

TitusTinnitus
2 months ago#17
FireDrakeZ posted...
TitusTinnitus posted...
FireDrakeZ posted...

Thanks. Sure I am missing a lot of PS3 exclusives like the The Last of Us, God of War and the Uncharted series, but with my backlog I don't really feel any urgency to get a PS3 or PS4 console just to play those games either.

And my PC backlog just keeps on getting bigger with each humble bundle offering.

BTW, I didn't realize that there was an Onimusha game on the Xbox platform, until you listed it. I had one of the Onimusha sequels, Onimusha Demon Siege on my PC, but I always thought the rest of the series were Playstation exclusives.

Onimusha is easily my favorite ps2 game
Genma Onimusha mixes up the formula a little bit but its still basically the same gam,e just a little enhanced. If you can pick up Genma Onimusha and play it on your 360, you wont be disappointed
Also if youre interested in metal gear solid pick up metal gear solid 2 on xbox . Its dirt cheap, like 3 bucks

FireDrakeZ
2 months ago#18
The Metal Gear Solid HD collection for 360 that I mentioned includes graphically enhanced remakes of three previously released games: the PS2's Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty and Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, and the PSP's Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker plus English versions of Metal Gears 1 and 2 from the Japanese home computer MSX 2 in Metal Gear Solid 3's main menu. It does not include Metal Gear Solid 1 (Download Key) and Metal Gear Solid 4: Trophy Edition (on a seperate disc) which is part of the Legacy Collection found on PS3.

I don't have any OG Xbox games at the moment but will look into Genma Onimusha as well as some of the James Bond games(Everything or Nothing, Night Fire, etc.). I just think that most of the original Xbox games look too dated to really play now so I haven't really had much interest in them, plus I have enough newer games in my backlog to keep me busy for a long time.

I really liked Onimusha 3 Demon Siege though when I played it on PC years ago though it looks a bit dated but still enjoyable now as well. It is only available on PS3 and PC.

User Info: JoboHotep

JoboHotep
2 months ago#19
TitusTinnitus posted...
the internet explorer app is better than ps3 web browser

I wouldn't even bother listing these. Yeah, they're technically there, but lets be honest, they both suck ass.

Earlier this spring, my laptop crapped out on me. I don't have a smartphone or a tablet, but I do happen to have both an xbox 360 and a PS3, so I figured I'd just use the browsers on those while I was waiting for my new PC to arrive.

I had to use them for just around two weeks, and I found they both have problems serious enough to make them unusable unless you're a masochist, or dire emergency (like not having anything else to get on the internet with).

The xbox 360 Explorer app has frequent, repeating problems loading pages (like even pages you've already just been to in the same session), and often just straight up dumps you back to the dashboard. Yeah, I know it doesn't support flash, but it does this on all sites, even the ones without flash.

The PS3 browser does seem to handle loading pages better, and can run flash, but the problem it suffers from is even worse.

After using the PS3 browser for a few pages/minutes, there's a high probabilty it will eventually just lock up the system, requiring you to reset with the power button, and let the PS3 firmware run a HDD check to see if it got corrupted. Mine hasn't corrupted yet, but I can't imagine that's good for it. Suffice to say, now that I don't have to, I don't use it.

The xbox 360 and PS3 are both wonderful choices for game systems, but honestly, that's all I'd use them for.

I do use the Blu-ray player on my PS3, and some of the video apps from time to time, but every time I've tried to use any of the video apps other than YouTube (and even it has problems sometimes) on the 360, they invariably crash, can't find the server, or the video and audio get completely out of sync or stutter and buffer so bad it's unwatchable.
i5 7600k / Hyper 212 / GIGABYTE GA-Z170M-D3H / 8GB 17000 DDR4 / Radeon R9 280x 3GB / SanDisk Z400s 240GB SSD / EVGA 600W ATX / Windows 10 Home 64 bit

FireDrakeZ
2 months ago#20
I have used the HBO GO app on my Xbox 360. I haven't had any problems with it watching movies and tv series. In fact I have binged watched entire seasons of Game of Thrones or Rome on my Xbox 360 without any hiccups and it looks terrific on HD.

The Xbox 360 from my experience is a great entertainment system not only for games but for other multimedia applications as well. I know others who used Netflix on it and it works fine for them. You can even use the Kinect to videochat with family and friends or make voice commands to your console.

As for the Internet Explorer browser app, I can't make a proper appraisal since I have never used it on my Xbox 360. I prefer the Firefox or Chrome app on my PC and smart phone and use Silk on my Kindle to read or watch walkthroughs on games I am currently playing on my Xbox 360 or PC.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Why new Gamers should get an xbox 360 and not an xbox one or ps4

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived