This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Cheapest Canadian Controllers?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Cheapest Canadian Controllers?

User Info: candlefighter

candlefighter
1 month ago#1
my current controller is on its way out so I'm looking to get a new controller. I'd rather get a new over used because mine don't tend to last long, so it'd probably last longer new. if Amazon Canada is anything to go by, it might even be cheaper. I'd also rather get something either official or officially licensed.

is there anything cheaper than what I've found? Best Buy is too expensive at like $70 and I don't think Future Shop exists anymore.

so far, I've found the following:

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/offer-listing/B003ZSN600/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

it's the cheapest at $43.08 but the shipper will either send it between November 2nd and the 9th(so about two - three weeks) or ship it on October 30th(though Amazon checkout says it can arrive by the 25th) for an extra $3. there are others but they're more expensive and either come a bit earlier(normal shipping is October 26th-November 10th) or later(November 3rd-16th)

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/offer-listing/B004QRKWLA/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

this one has three options:
the cheapest one costs 45.44 but comes from the same place
the second one costs 45.76 but ships from Ontario to arrive between October 24-26th(or the 23rd-26th with express)
the third one costs 57.74 but ships from Amazon or at least acts like it(it's an Amazon seller but fulfilled by Amazon) so I could get it on Monday(unless they ship on Sunday) with a Amazon Prime Trial or on October 27th with free normal shipping(though if amazon ships it, it'll probably come on Sunday/Monday)

also, all of those will be covered by a gift card I got.

https://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826105438&cm_re=Xbox_360_controller-_-26-105-438-_-Product

that one costs 57.20 but is sold by a Newegg seller. it'll probably arrive around 4 - 10 days. it will not be covered by a gift card.

User Info: FireDrakeZ

FireDrakeZ
1 month ago#2
You can get a new Xbox 360 controller for less than $30 on ebay. Of course you're gift card won't be valid there. You would need paypal or credit card.

candlefighter
1 month ago#3
while I'm sure that Ebay is a good place to get stuff, I've had bad experiences with it. the two times I got something on there, something went bad. either it was the wrong thing or didn't work.the last time was particularly bad. either I read the thing wrong, or the f***er changed it after I bought it. he was also an a****** when I contacted him. he was also hard to understand.

FireDrakeZ
1 month ago#4
candlefighter posted...
while I'm sure that Ebay is a good place to get stuff, I've had bad experiences with it. the two times I got something on there, something went bad. either it was the wrong thing or didn't work.the last time was particularly bad. either I read the thing wrong, or the f***er changed it after I bought it. he was also an a****** when I contacted him. he was also hard to understand.

Normally you can return some items(if this is clearly indicated in the ad) or get a refund. Contact ebay if the you have problems with the seller. They will help you settle issues with the seller.

Most of the products I have received from ebay are okay. I have gotten refunds on the ones I wasn't happy with. Make sure to read the details(conditions vary and listed accordingly) on what you are buying and feel free to ask questions from the seller before deciding to buy or make a bid on them.

candlefighter
1 month ago#5
FireDrakeZ posted...
Normally you can return some items(if this is clearly indicated in the ad) or get a refund. Contact ebay if the you have problems with the seller. They will help you settle issues with the seller.

Most of the products I have received from ebay are okay. I have gotten refunds on the ones I wasn't happy with. Make sure to read the details(conditions vary and listed accordingly) on what you are buying and feel free to ask questions from the seller before deciding to buy or make a bid on them.

the first one worked well enough cause I some how jury rigged it.

I'm pretty sure the seller of the other one was either shady or at least an a******, so I doubt I wouldn't have gotten a refund. while I think the second seller changed the description after I bought it, I also don't know if I read the description correctly. while I think I did(I even showed it to at least one other person), something might have slipped by.

either way, it wasn't worth the hassle or the negative feedback.

Edit: I think I'll get the Amazon backed one.

FireDrakeZ
1 month ago#6
candlefighter posted...
FireDrakeZ posted...

the first one worked well enough cause I some how jury rigged it.

I'm pretty sure the seller of the other one was either shady or at least an a******, so I doubt I wouldn't have gotten a refund. while I think the second seller changed the description after I bought it, I also don't know if I read the description correctly. while I think I did(I even showed it to at least one other person), something might have slipped by.

either way, it wasn't worth the hassle or the negative feedback.

Edit: I think I'll get the Amazon backed one.

Amazon is good too. I have bought from them as well.

candlefighter
1 month ago#7
FireDrakeZ posted...
Amazon is good too. I have bought from them as well.

I have too. Some of their marketplace sellers have great return policies etc. One place let me return a game after the policy was up and didn't need me return the game. Another sent me a game along with the original because the one I ordered was bad. The original was bad again so I returned it but not the free game. I bought the same game again from another seller and I got the special edition. Don't remember which version I ordered.

Amazon also ships fast.

User Info: zeldafanjtl

zeldafanjtl
1 month ago#8
Do Canadians have a different kind of controller? https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/edwikia/images/9/93/Vlcsnap-2017-02-25-09h25m07s406.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/350?cb=20170225173148
"Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock and roll." - Shigeru Miyamoto

candlefighter
1 month ago#9
zeldafanjtl posted...
Do Canadians have a different kind of controller? https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/edwikia/images/9/93/Vlcsnap-2017-02-25-09h25m07s406.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/350?cb=20170225173148

Nope. I probably only mentioned it in the topic title because I didn't want anyone to think I was american. It's too common on this site. <_<

User Info: Guide

Guide
1 month ago#10
Joke's on you, I'm still pretty sure you're American.
[ S p e e d b o o s t ]
https://youtu.be/Acn5IptKWQU
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Cheapest Canadian Controllers?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived