This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Devil May Cry 4 worth $8?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Devil May Cry 4 worth $8?

User Info: gafemaqs

gafemaqs
1 month ago#1
I've played 1 a lot, a couple hours of 2, and am going to get around to 3.

So how about 4? I fear it may not hold up after 10 or so years.

User Info: LandfillAO

LandfillAO
1 month ago#2
It's still among the best combat in any action game, hands down. Absolutely worth $8.

User Info: INKU48

INKU48
1 month ago#3
It's good but at the halfway point it starts throwing recycled contents at you which feels a bit boring. Feels like they ran out of budget or something. The core design is solid though and it doesn't really feel outdated, partly because the genre is stagnant though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4oTU0srt2I

User Info: PStrife

PStrife
1 month ago#4
Of course they ran out of time, not budget. It is one of the many project victims of HD over-budgeting/under-timing a project in order to meet the deadline, with these still untrained HD staffs.

They repeat parts of the project in order to cut down project time, not so much budget in cases like these. Our the original our the Halo pulled this off brilliantly in contrast on the Xbox.

The question is, was it the right choice? A game like Mirror's Edge went through the same process but was still making it's levels, but they were tiny and crappy in scope compared to the early levels made at the start of the project due to now being rushed out the door to meet the deadline.

User Info: magx

magx
1 month ago#5
Almost any game is worth $8.

I'd still pay $30 for DMC4- it's really fun until it's not.
http://magx01.blogspot.com/
<3 Ninja Gaiden Black! I want Dynamite Cop XBLA!

User Info: Xeno_Cyclops

Xeno_Cyclops
1 month ago#6
For $8 that game is a steal
R.I.P. Scalebound
Not changing this sig until Capcom brings back Rival Schools or Darkstalkers. Started 4/29/15
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Devil May Cry 4 worth $8?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived