This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

A fix to messages coming through delayed

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. A fix to messages coming through delayed

User Info: kingekinge

kingekinge
1 month ago#1
Since Microsoft clearly doesn't give a damn about the 360 servers, I've found a fairly simple solution to getting messages to go through on time on the console.

When you think you should be getting a new message/invite, simply delete an old message and the new one will instantly show up. It's annoying for people that like to keep their inbox clean but it might be better to keep all your old messages so you when think a message isn't going through you can delete an old one to find out.

Another thing I've noticed was between certain profiles I was able to get messages to go through consistently on time. This profile that was getting messages on time happened to be one I haven't used in a year so I'm thinking this delayed message thing is a case of the 360 servers internal inbox filling up for people since when the Xbox One came out all messages are saved now no matter if you delete it off your 360 console or not.

I haven't done a ton of testing but so far this seemed to fix things at least temporarily.

User Info: kingekinge

kingekinge
1 month ago#2
If anyone wants a laugh you should check this out and see why this will never be fixed...

https://i.imgur.com/TAlk53s.jpg

Official Xbox Support Twitter account says 'we have not seen any other reports of this' when I have direct messages from them regarding this spanning a good 5 months. It feels like ground hogs day every time I contact them about the delayed messages. Always have to start from scratch and go through the same basic troubleshooting and be treated as if this is a unique problem 100% on my end.

User Info: JoboHotep

JoboHotep
1 month ago#3
kingekinge posted...
When you think you should be getting a new message/invite, simply delete an old message and the new one will instantly show up. It's annoying for people that like to keep their inbox clean but it might be better to keep all your old messages so you when think a message isn't going through you can delete an old one to find out.

Thank you for this information. I'm usually the kind of person like you mentioned who likes to keep their messages area clean, but I'll make it a point from now on to keep a spare message or two specifically for this.
i5 7600k / Hyper 212 / GIGABYTE GA-Z170M-D3H / 8GB 17000 DDR4 / Radeon R9 280x 3GB / SanDisk Z400s 240GB SSD / EVGA 600W ATX / Windows 10 Home 64 bit
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. A fix to messages coming through delayed

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived