This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Unless my memory is off Dragon Age runs WAY better on the Xbox One

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Unless my memory is off Dragon Age runs WAY better on the Xbox One

User Info: magx

magx
1 month ago#1
I played DA:O some years ago but quit after 20 or so hours and my memory of that partial playthrough is somewhat hazy but in recent weeks I have been playing it again, but this time on the Xbox One and I swear it seems as though the load times are reduced by half, if not more. Also the framerate seems better.

Am I remembering this right? And what games have you replayed on the Xbox One that you have noticed run much better? Any run worse?
http://magx01.blogspot.com/
<3 Ninja Gaiden Black! I want Dynamite Cop XBLA!

User Info: Sw1ft_Blad3

Sw1ft_Blad3
1 month ago#2
I don't know about running better, but left 4 dead has sound glitches on the one.
R.I.P Chester Bennington 1976-2017
Linkin Park

User Info: NuclearHendrix

NuclearHendrix
1 month ago#3
V-sync is applied to all the bc games, so there's no screen tearing like the original had. Sometimes framerate dips are fixed or reduced too.
To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize - Voltaire

User Info: beautifuldreams

beautifuldreams
1 month ago#4
were you playing it installed from HDD when you played it years ago? sometimes people compare playing from disc on x360 vs xbone, when installed on hdd on x360 should be the comparison point

i've noticed some minor performance improvements in a few games, but not much
nyuuuuuuuuu~

magx
1 month ago#5
beautifuldreams posted...
were you playing it installed from HDD when you played it years ago? sometimes people compare playing from disc on x360 vs xbone, when installed on hdd on x360 should be the comparison point

i've noticed some minor performance improvements in a few games, but not much

I honestly don't remember (no surprise there).

User Info: Boogie_WoogieWu

Boogie_WoogieWu
1 month ago#6
I've noticed that it performs better on the One with multiple spells/abilities active, as well as with persistent gore turned on, but still runs into hiccups, but usually only with more effects active than would cause the same amount of slowdown on the 360.

DAO is really the only BC title I've played extensively on both, so can't speak for other games.

magx
1 month ago#7
Boogie_WoogieWu posted...
I've noticed that it performs better on the One with multiple spells/abilities active, as well as with persistent gore turned on, but still runs into hiccups, but usually only with more effects active than would cause the same amount of slowdown on the 360.

And I play a mage who cats tons of spells while concurrently having multiple sustainables running and persistent gore is on. I'm frequently amazed at how well it holds up- I can have cloud of death, tempest and inferno all active at once while my party is all buffed with sustained abilities and I'm throwing fireballs into the chaos and it never crashes nor slows down too much.

User Info: pblimp360

pblimp360
1 month ago#8
Your memory is correct. It does run better on the XB1.
Death isn't the exit of existence. It's the entrance into eternity. R.I.P Zora Nelson 3/6/13 Forever loved

User Info: JamesOwnzMaz

JamesOwnzMaz
1 month ago#9
that game sucked
I Am The Architect

User Info: TsC_PoLiTiKz

TsC_PoLiTiKz
1 month ago#10
I'm pretty sure a few games do run better on the one! It's nifty tbh, makes going back even better if it means improvements!
Currently Playing: Adventures of Pip (XONE); Titanfall (XONE); Splatoon (Wii U); The Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring (GBA); RuneScape (PC)
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Unless my memory is off Dragon Age runs WAY better on the Xbox One

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived