This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Xbox support refunded game but it's still playable and able to download?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Xbox support refunded game but it's still playable and able to download?

User Info: gbpackers

gbpackers
1 month ago#1
So, three days ago I went on Xbox.com to purchase Deadly Premonition since it went BC but I was going to use my Microsoft account balance but somehow Xbox.com charged my VISA card on file. I went to Xbox chat support and nicely but firmly asked for a refund since I was charged on the wrong payment method(I agree, it was partially my fault for not looking 100%) and the Xbox rep agreed and gave me a "courtesy one-time" refund. I just got my refund on my card today but when I went back to Xbox.com it says "Already Purchased". Did the rep mess up and gave me a free game or will I get bite in the ass in the future for this?
Thanks!
Arizona Cardinals cheated in the OT game. The coin flipping controversy as well. We've been cheated by the NFL. - 2016

User Info: Porcupine

Porcupine
1 month ago#2
it's always this way, you got a free game but you probably shouldn't try this too often

gbpackers
1 month ago#3
Porcupine posted...
it's always this way, you got a free game but you probably shouldn't try this too often

What do you mean by it's always like this? Is Xbox supposed to give you a free game and a refund in cases like this or it's just the rep who did the refund messed up? But anyways, it's my first time and last time doing a refund on Xbox Live so I'm good on that front.
Arizona Cardinals cheated in the OT game. The coin flipping controversy as well. We've been cheated by the NFL. - 2016
I might be wrong, but I don't believe there is a way for them to revoke a game licence on the 360. They just give you a refund as long as you don't make a habit of it.
"If God were suddenly condemned to live the life which he has inflicted on man, he would kill himself"

User Info: Imn0tleB0W5ki

Imn0tleB0W5ki
1 month ago#5
gbpackers posted...
went on Xbox.com to purchase Deadly Premonition since it went BC but I was going to use my Microsoft account balance but somehow Xbox.com charged my VISA card on file.

can't use account balance on the website or xb1 for bc games, you must use an actual 360 console
If you want to party like a rock star, you gotta work like a roadie

User Info: KakkaKarrotKake

KakkaKarrotKake
4 weeks ago#6
It's like this on xbox one as well. They can revoke licenses on xbox one, it's probably just a case of the xbox support staff not communicating with the department responsible for it.

gbpackers
4 weeks ago#7
Geist des Durcheinan posted...
I might be wrong, but I don't believe there is a way for them to revoke a game licence on the 360. They just give you a refund as long as you don't make a habit of it.

Yeah, they said something about avoiding this issue again because they won't refund again.

gbpackers
4 weeks ago#8
KakkaKarrotKake posted...
It's like this on xbox one as well. They can revoke licenses on xbox one, it's probably just a case of the xbox support staff not communicating with the department responsible for it.

True lol.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Xbox support refunded game but it's still playable and able to download?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived