This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Calling all Power Stone fans. For the dream of HD Power Stone and Power Stone 2!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Calling all Power Stone fans. For the dream of HD Power Stone and Power Stone 2!

User Info: shiva

shiva
3 weeks ago#1
[In an effort for this message to be seen by as many fans of Power Stone and Power Stone 2, I am posting this exact same topic across multiple forums. I apologize in advance if you've seen this exact same topic already!]

Do you love Power Stone and Power Stone 2? Have you long awaited for this series to be given the HD, online-enabled treatment it so deserves? Here is a chance to try and help make it happen!

I'm one of the biggest Power Stone fans you will ever know in this site. In one of my frequent searches for all new things Power Stone that appear online, I came across a YT video, recently published by Digital Eclipse, where they're seen playing Power Stone 2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80Mx7OwEIsc

Yes, Digital Eclipse. The company responsible for the HD, online-enabled releases of Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix, Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix, and HD Marvel vs Capcom 2! That Digital Eclipse!!

I keep watching, and one Digital Eclipse member goes "We should approach Capcom about doing this game...". I couldn't believe it. Then and there, I knew I had to let them know how much Power Stone fans around the world want to see that happen. I left them an enthusiastic comment, and liked the video!

All you other Power Stone fans out there: if you have a Google/YT account, please leave Digital Eclipse a message as well! This is one of the few opportunities we've ever had to speak to people with the capacity to make our dream happen. Who knows when, if ever, we'll have another one... Don't let it go to waste! Let your voice be heard, and share this with any other Power Stone fans you may know.
#1 gaming dream? Online-enabled rerelease of Power Stone/Power Stone 2! Standing for all I cherish about video games.

User Info: GinsuVictim

GinsuVictim
3 weeks ago#2
Big Dreamcast fan, love Power Stone 1 & 2, but you're off-topic for this board.
I'M RUNNIN' THIS MONKEY FARM NOW, FRANKENSTEIN!!! - Capt. Rhodes, Day of the Dead (1985)

User Info: kiljaeden

kiljaeden
3 weeks ago#3
I would so love a new, or even the opportunity to get the old ones again on my new consoles. Day 1 purchase.
Warning: This opinion may not be suitable for younger users.
GO 'FINS!

shiva
3 weeks ago#4
kiljaeden posted...
I would so love a new, or even the opportunity to get the old ones again on my new consoles. Day 1 purchase.

@kiljaeden
Wishful thinking has gotten us nowhere so far, so please, do your best to encourage Digital Eclipse. If you have a Google/Youtube account, leave a comment in the video I linked.

If you don't, send them an e-mail to contact@digitaleclipse.com. If you're aTwitter user, contact them either on https://twitter.com/frankcifaldi or https://twitter.com/mikejmika . Let's let them know we want it!
#1 gaming dream? Online-enabled rerelease of Power Stone/Power Stone 2! Standing for all I cherish about video games.

User Info: Carribean_Cool

Carribean_Cool
2 weeks ago#5
Good ol Powerstone. Loved mixing items to create new items in the 2nd game.
HH1 nobody on this board takes you seriously.I bet you think youre "one of the guys" on here and that people respect you. how about NO? -shycheesecake

shiva
2 weeks ago#6
Carribean_Cool posted...
Good ol Powerstone. Loved mixing items to create new items in the 2nd game.

Even that was fun, I agree. And I almost never enjoy item creation systems.

Thank you for your support, @Carribean_Cool !

User Info: PoorRetroGamer

PoorRetroGamer
2 weeks ago#7
These games got ported to PSP too

User Info: GinsuVictim

GinsuVictim
2 weeks ago#8
PoorRetroGamer posted...

That's lower resolution. Let's not go backwards.
I'M RUNNIN' THIS MONKEY FARM NOW, FRANKENSTEIN!!! - Capt. Rhodes, Day of the Dead (1985)

shiva
2 weeks ago#9
PoorRetroGamer posted...

Yes, and I would've gotten one PSP just for them if the games had had online play. They didn't, which made me wonder exactly what was the point of the rerelease. Without online play, I can't imagine worse systems to release multiplayer games on than portables. Are you ever gonna get four people, each with their own PSP, close together? Highly improbable. At least the Dreamcast's four controller ports assured that I had a million multiplayer battles with friends. Did anyone that's only ever had the PSP version ever play Power Stone 2 in 4P mode, I wonder?

It was also a flawed port, so if a future online port happens, I hope they don't use the PSP version as the foundation. The load times are unbearable to someone like me, used to the Dreamcast's five seconds. The character models look ok, but the stages took a visible hit in resolution, sporting low resolution textures everywhere. This may not be immediately noticeable if you only play on the PSP's tiny screen, but it's flagrant when watching videos of it being played through Playstation TV, which I often do on Youtube.

It does have aspects over the Dreamcast version, though. The games can be played in 16:9, and I've never ever seen Power Stone 2 slow down on the PSP, whereas it does happen in the DC version, but overall, I hope a future port uses the NAOMI or Dreamcast versions as the base.

User Info: Magoichi

Magoichi
2 weeks ago#10
shiva posted...
Are you ever gonna get four people, each with their own PSP, close together? Highly improbable.

A decade ago this wasn't improbable. 80 million people owned PSPs! Only 9 bought Dreamcasts and Power Stone 2 was barely a top 100 selling game on the system. The first one was #21 which is good, but not great.

Source: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=368000&page=1

It's great that you're so passionate, but if you go through the past few decades of gaming overall, there are hundreds of IPs just as deserving of a re-release.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Calling all Power Stone fans. For the dream of HD Power Stone and Power Stone 2!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived