This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Use normal webcam as Kinect?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Use normal webcam as Kinect?

User Info: Winword

Winword
2 weeks ago#1
Hello folks,

Yesterday I purchased a 360 Slim after I had introduced myself to the Zephyr Fat, which played for about 2 hours before the GPU solder melted (without even RROD, lol). Now stacked up with a decent amount of games, a Kinect is all that's missing. I've found quite a bunch of articles about how to use Kinect as a webcam, but not the other way around.

Is it possible to use a custom webcam (Logitech C922) as a Kinect in-game motion sensor, or does the Kinect record specific data that a normal webcam isn't capable of?

User Info: cmbryu

cmbryu
2 weeks ago#2
i believe kinect uses infrared beams to record things a regular webcam could never. also think it has more then one camera lens
Psn id ryucmb22

User Info: Winword

Winword
2 weeks ago#3
cmbryu posted...
i believe kinect uses infrared beams to record things a regular webcam could never. also think it has more then one camera lens

Yeah that was my concern as well. Head/body movement detection and stuff. Custom cams seem to work with Xbox One ( https://www.windowscentral.com/how-use-any-usb-webcam-mixer-xbox-one ) but the 360 isn't even aware that anything's connected...
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Use normal webcam as Kinect?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived