This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Got the 360 from Gamestop for 'free' - here are the games I got.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Got the 360 from Gamestop for 'free' - here are the games I got.

User Info: FireDrakeZ

FireDrakeZ
3 weeks ago#11
SolidSnake6785 posted...
Ughhh
Help...
Forgot how archaic this system is...or I didn’t know...
No built in wifi and I need an external to play Alan Wake?!?! Is that an episodic game or something?

Rats...

If you have the discs, I don't think you need an external hard drive to play it. The console will read off the disc.
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: SolidSnake6785

SolidSnake6785
3 weeks ago#12
My fault for not doing my research
But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners. ---Romans 5:8

User Info: Hucast9

Hucast9
3 weeks ago#13
SolidSnake6785 posted...
I bought the system, a year warranty for 9.99, and 4 games...all for a little under 30 bucks combined after the rebate. Here are my games...I was going for big exclusives I've missed out on over the years having only ever owned Sony consoles.

Alan Wake
Splinter Cell Conviction
Gears of War 1
Prey (2006)

How'd I do? Anything I'm missing?

Those 4 games are all excellent. After those 4 games you need:

- Ace Combat 6
- Gears 2 and 3
- Lost Odyssey
- Halo 3 and 4
- Project Gotham Racing 4

User Info: Porcupine

Porcupine
3 weeks ago#14
Find out which version of the fat you have. If it's the last Jasper version, or maybe even Falcon, you are in good shape. Any other version you should return it, just a ticking time bomb.

User Info: thedeerzord

thedeerzord
3 weeks ago#15
I got the 'free' 360 at gamestop, and it runs very loud and didn't even come with a hard drive.

I also didn't get any warranty, as I didn't realize that the pre-owned 360's were the earliest of models available. The clerk at gamestop recommended that I get a warranty due to the red ring, but I thought that maybe he was just like exaggerating or something.

Well at least I got the rebate, but I lost 5 dollars in taxes.
Proof that Republicans hate the environment: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vb3zipb9Bu0

FireDrakeZ
3 weeks ago#16
Porcupine posted...
Find out which version of the fat you have. If it's the last Jasper version, or maybe even Falcon, you are in good shape. Any other version you should return it, just a ticking time bomb.

No big deal. I still got an extra controller and power brick, a pair of AA batteries and HDMI cable out of the deal which would normally cost more than the taxes I ended up paying for it after rebate. No need to return anything even if it RROD and gave up the ghost.

It sure is loud though compared to my 360 S model. I always wondered why a lot of people were describing it as sounding like a jet engine. Now I know. (-:

Anyways its serving only as a backup and is currently in storage in my closet.
(edited 3 weeks ago)

FireDrakeZ
3 weeks ago#17
Porcupine posted...

Apparently this units have stickers in the back. Mine says Falcon, so hopefully I won't have too many problems when I do need to use it in the future.

On further research, I verified this by looking at the power connectors which seem to be the Falcon type, with a power brick rated at 175 watts. Not as good as a Jasper version, but apparently not as prone to RROD as previous models.

Thanks for the info.
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: zeldafanjtl

zeldafanjtl
3 weeks ago#18
And yes to no built in Wi-Fi on the phat model; the 360 did come out in 2005, after all. There's an official USB adapter; any other USB adapter won't work. https://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Wireless-Network-Adapter-N/dp/B008K24BKU

If you can find an ethernet-based WiFi adapter, I'm told that will work, but those were hard to find back in the day and seem to be nonexistent now.

Back when I had a phat model I just made sure my router and my 360 were always set up near each other so I could just run a cable.
"Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock and roll." - Shigeru Miyamoto

User Info: SolidSnake6785

SolidSnake6785
3 weeks ago#19
Can I do an initial setup wired and then move it back to where I want it without taking it online again?

Or do I needed be logged into a profile online to save single player progress?
But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners. ---Romans 5:8

User Info: yankiller

yankiller
3 weeks ago#20
So what's a decent external hard drive that would work with the it(mine says jasper on it)
Random nerd nothing to see here move along people
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Got the 360 from Gamestop for 'free' - here are the games I got.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.