This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Got the 360 from Gamestop for 'free' - here are the games I got.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Got the 360 from Gamestop for 'free' - here are the games I got.

User Info: FireDrakeZ

FireDrakeZ
3 weeks ago#21
yankiller posted...
So what's a decent external hard drive that would work with the it(mine says jasper on it)

I used a 1 TB WD(Western Digital) easy store external hard drive from Best Buy on my 360 S model. I am not sure if it will be the same on the earlier models including Jasper. I have read though that the suggested WD model is the Passport one, but my easy store model, worked just as well with my Slim version. It was an easy plug and play installation from my end since the S console with upgraded firmware, did all the formatting for you.

You might want to ask at Best Buy which models work best with a Jasper model 360 at Best Buy.

With the upgraded firmware from Microsoft(which might require you to get online in order to get that info), the 360 has the ability to format the harddrive for you using the FAT32 file system which has the best compatibility with the 360. Any previous info on the hard drive will be deleted when you format it.

There are detailed instructions on this link which I used for the S model:

https://www.thurrott.com/xbox/xbox-360/3774/xbox-360-tip-expand-your-storage

and from the Xbox site:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/accessories/storage
(edited 3 weeks ago)

FireDrakeZ
3 weeks ago#22
SolidSnake6785 posted...
Can I do an initial setup wired and then move it back to where I want it without taking it online again?

Or do I needed be logged into a profile online to save single player progress?

I think it would be best if you have an ethernet cable attached to it. As someone else mentioned, you might need to get an Xbox 360 specific external wifi adapter otherwise. You probably need to get online anyway to upgrade the firmware so you can attach an external hard drive to it.

User Info: dybyhands

dybyhands
3 weeks ago#23
Any and every 360 should have a copy of Ninja Gaiden 2. And even og xbox's Ninja Gaiden Black, which runs great on 360.
Nothings Shocking

User Info: Porcupine

Porcupine
3 weeks ago#24
Good point on getting a free controller. I have to go to gamestop today anyway to buy a PS4 so maybe I will pick up a used Xbox 360 while I am at it, if I can find a Jasper version.

FireDrakeZ
3 weeks ago#25
Porcupine posted...
Good point on getting a free controller. I have to go to gamestop today anyway to buy a PS4 so maybe I will pick up a used Xbox 360 while I am at it, if I can find a Jasper version.

I prefer the Xbox One X(40% better than the PS4 Pro) myself, but I will wait when it goes on sale next year. Right now it is so new and in demand, you can only get it at full price($500). I heard that a lot of the Xbox 360 games which I have a lot, are being enhanced and updated for the Xbox One X.

Good luck on the Xbox 360. They only had 2 units(got one of those) at the store I went to yesterday, and they were gone pretty quick.
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: Porcupine

Porcupine
3 weeks ago#26
Gamestop was all sold out of PS4 so I didn't get anything. I give them my finger.

For me it is mostly a question of game(s) I want to play, hence my choice of 360 and PS4. I also have a PS3. No interest in xboner at this time.

FireDrakeZ
3 weeks ago#27
Porcupine posted...
Gamestop was all sold out of PS4 so I didn't get anything. I give them my finger.

For me it is mostly a question of game(s) I want to play, hence my choice of 360 and PS4. I also have a PS3. No interest in xboner at this time.

I understand. For me as a PC gamer, I can play PS2 and PS3 games with an emulator like PCSX2 at much higher resolutions than what you would get with their original consoles, as well as PS4 games via the PS Now subscription service if I wanted to. That is why I have no interest in buying any of the Sony consoles.

At the moment there is still no reliable Xbox 360 emulators, so I still use my Xbox 360 to play Xbox exclusives, delisted PC games and bad PC ports. I am however interested in getting the Xbox One X eventually, since I can play enhanced versions of my Xbox 360 games, as well as OG Xbox games via back compatibility and current and future Xbox One exclusive games which I cannot access on PC in 4K HDR resolution.
(edited 3 weeks ago)

FireDrakeZ
3 weeks ago#28
BTW, Anybody interested in the Gamestop 4 for $10 deals(games $5 and below) can look up this thread a few months ago, where we discussed extensively which games to buy.

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/927749-xbox-360/75553807

There are a few changes with some going over $5 as well as a few additions that were not present the last time, but by and large, many of them remain the same.

User Info: yankiller

yankiller
3 weeks ago#29
So I had 2 step authentication on my last 360 and don't have anything but the email address is there a way to get back in?(without waiting the 30 days)
Random nerd nothing to see here move along people

User Info: FakeSypha

FakeSypha
3 weeks ago#30
Damn Americans and their damn sexy offers. I was browsing Gamestop and they practically throw last gen systems at you. Here in Argentina Xbox 360s are super expensive, like AR$ 4000 - 4500. That would be approximately $228 - 257 in US Dollars.
I just want to get an xbox 360 for dem nostalgia feels mostly, tho. So, not gonna throw that kind of money on a 10 year old console.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Got the 360 from Gamestop for 'free' - here are the games I got.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.