This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Fighting game players: Did the d pad bother you?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Fighting game players: Did the d pad bother you?

User Info: Raiden243

Raiden243
1 month ago#1
So this is the one main complaint I hear about the 360 d pad with fighting games.

I actually didn’t mind it after a while. I got use to it and I played a lot of Street Fighter and Soul Calibur.

What are y’all thoughts?

User Info: TyrianMollusk

TyrianMollusk
1 month ago#2
Didn't really seem a big issue to me, but I joined late and I've heard the d-pad was improved sometime after the bad rep was locked in.

User Info: dybyhands

dybyhands
1 month ago#3
I only play VF and DOA (for fun not competition level), but I haven't had any real issues.
Nothings Shocking

User Info: spooie

spooie
1 month ago#4
The D-Pads on all my official Xbox 360 controllers blow about as bad as the D-Pad on the Gamecube controller blows for precision playing with the Gameboy Player. Hitting "Right, Right, Right, Right, Right, Right, Right, Right" would often trigger "Right, Right, Up, Right, Up, Right, Down, Up, Right." This includes the transforming D-Pad, sadly. It's OK for 3D games, but anything with a 2D plane is a wash, including the dashboard.
Owner of NES, SNES, N64, GCN, Wii, SMS, GEN, TG16, PSX, PS2, PS3, XBOX, X360, XB1, GB, GBC, GBA SP, GB Micro, DS, DS Lite, PSP and a lot of crappy games.

User Info: codman4

codman4
4 weeks ago#5
It's the only issue I really have with the 360 dpad. I tend to have difficulty doing certain moves with it, like half circles or double-hadoukens. Thankfully the xb1 dpad is better and I can play some of my bc fighting games on it.

User Info: sonicteam2k1

sonicteam2k1
4 weeks ago#6
yes, but the transforming dpad was much better for me.
See The Game Collection
http://people.ign.com/nights_team2k7/games

User Info: Guide

Guide
4 weeks ago#7
I never used the dpad for fighting games. Stick was fine.
[ S p e e d b o o s t ]
https://youtu.be/Acn5IptKWQU

User Info: JCuster

JCuster
4 weeks ago#8
Bought the Hori fight pad for both 360 and PS4, since I like a six-button layout. Normal pad is ok for 4 button fighters, though...
Only if you say the word "Monkey."

User Info: sammogard

sammogard
4 weeks ago#9
Naw fightstick life

User Info: kiljaeden

kiljaeden
4 weeks ago#10
It bothered me when I started playing a lot of Street Fighter. I did the thing where you widen the plastic circle around the D-pad using a razor. It did help a bit. I got a fightstick later on tho just to have one.
Warning: This opinion may not be suitable for younger users.
GO 'FINS!
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Fighting game players: Did the d pad bother you?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived