This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How does the xbox 360 look on a UHD tv?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. How does the xbox 360 look on a UHD tv?

User Info: MarkIngramTD

MarkIngramTD
1 month ago#1
I got the official component cables.

from MS.
made for your viewing pleasure.

User Info: spooie

spooie
1 month ago#2
What model Xbox 360 do you have?
Owner of NES, SNES, N64, GCN, Wii, SMS, GEN, TG16, PSX, PS2, PS3, XBOX, X360, XB1, GB, GBC, GBA SP, GB Micro, DS, DS Lite, PSP and a lot of crappy games.

MarkIngramTD
1 month ago#3
spooie posted...
What model Xbox 360 do you have?

the jaspar fat don't know it's a game stop one that runs pretty good when my original Jaspar fat broke. but I have no idea but it's the white fat one.

User Info: FireDrakeZ

FireDrakeZ
1 month ago#4
MarkIngramTD posted...
I got the official component cables.

from MS.

Games and movies looks a lot better with HDMI cables than with component cables when hooked to an HDTV. Jasper models have HDMI ports, so it is better to use HDMI.

MarkIngramTD
1 month ago#5
but but but..........my xbox 360 fat doesn't have an HDMI

Duddeee

FireDrakeZ
1 month ago#6
Oh sorry. I thought the Jaspers have HDMI ports.

MarkIngramTD
1 month ago#7
I main xbox 360 it looks beautiful.

User Info: Boogie_WoogieWu

Boogie_WoogieWu
1 month ago#8
FireDrakeZ posted...
Oh sorry. I thought the Jaspers have HDMI ports.

They do.

If it doesn't have HDMI, it is older than August 2007 (unless it is an Elite, which was the first model to have HDMI, and was released in April 2007) and is nowhere near being a Jasper.

FireDrakeZ
1 month ago#9
That is what I thought.

User Info: spooie

spooie
1 month ago#10
The above comments are correct.

If you don't have an HDMI out port, you have one of the original Pro or the Core system from 2005 to early 2007, which are also the ones most susceptible to receiving the dreaded Red Ring of Death.

I have a Jasper model as my first Xbox 360 (I'm actually using it as I type this!), and it does indeed have an HDMI out port. The Jaspers models wouldn't be released until late 2008.

Anyway... I would imagine the system will look about the same on an UHD TV that they would on a regular HDTV. Most Xbox 360 games run at High Definition, if even at 720p. Although, if you had HDMI, you would certainly get a level of clarity above Component.

Granted, the gap between HDMI and Component is much smaller than Component and Composite, but it is certainly there.
Owner of NES, SNES, N64, GCN, Wii, SMS, GEN, TG16, PSX, PS2, PS3, XBOX, X360, XB1, GB, GBC, GBA SP, GB Micro, DS, DS Lite, PSP and a lot of crappy games.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. How does the xbox 360 look on a UHD tv?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived