This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is Xbox Live Gold still worth it?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Is Xbox Live Gold still worth it?

User Info: Ghettosoldier42

Ghettosoldier42
1 month ago#1
I have a collection of about 60 games, and I was wondering if the online community is big enough for me to consider paying $60 for one year.

User Info: FireDrakeZ

FireDrakeZ
1 month ago#2
If you want to try it, Xbox regularly offers 1 month trials to see if you like it. Aside from getting access to the online community you get 4 free games(2 Xbox One and 2 Xbox 360) a month and are offered discounted deals on other games.

If you decide you liked it, never pay full price. Get a discounted code at different sites. For instance I bought a 3 month code for less than $10 last month from Best Buy on Black Friday. It would cost more now, but you might be able to find a yearly membership for $40 to $50.

User Info: INKU48

INKU48
1 month ago#3
Some games have active communities while others don't. If you plan to play Call of Duty then you shouldn't have to worry but if it's some obscure co-op game then you will probably have to try to plan with people online. I was surprised that Team Fortress in The Orange Box was still active enough to find a match immediately with zero issues a few months back.
Ryse > Knack

Ghettosoldier42
1 month ago#4
How many people still play Halo 4/CoD Ghosts, GTA V/RDR, Borderlands, etc.? I would find out for myself, but my 360 died so I'm getting a refurbished one for Xmas.

User Info: INKU48

INKU48
1 month ago#5
Ghettosoldier42 posted...
How many people still play Halo 4/CoD Ghosts, GTA V/RDR, Borderlands, etc.? I would find out for myself, but my 360 died so I'm getting a refurbished one for Xmas.

Sounds like stuff that should be active enough for at least the more popular modes, maybe with the exception of Borderlands. I probably have some Xbox Live 2-Day trial code if you want to check it out before subscribing. I think they work even if you've been a subscriber previously but I'm not 100% sure. Just use the trial and fire up all games during a couple days and try a match or two in each.
Ryse > Knack

User Info: Boogie_WoogieWu

Boogie_WoogieWu
1 month ago#6
Halo 4 and RDR should be fairly active considering they're both big titles and backwards compatible on the One.

User Info: FireDrakeZ

FireDrakeZ
1 month ago#7
World of Tanks is also active. They have even added an interesting online single player/coop campaign called War Stories to the mulitplayer component.

Ghettosoldier42
1 month ago#8
What other games have an active online community? Is GTA Online still up and running? Maybe I could try Destiny?

User Info: Overburdened

Overburdened
1 month ago#9
All the "big" game titles are busy.

For the price of one night out on the weekend for a whole years worth of Live you may as well, even it's just for the GWG give away, 4 games a month each month you're surely going to want at least a few..

Edit. Thought I was on the One message board, you'll get the choice of 2 GWG games, but still, it's worth it.
When the Lion Devours Both Dragon and Child.

User Info: spooie

spooie
1 month ago#10
Borderlands is backwards compatible on the Xbox One and is the only one not included on The Handsome Collection for XB1... so I would assume a few people would still be playing it, right?
Owner of NES, SNES, N64, GCN, Wii, SMS, GEN, TG16, PSX, PS2, PS3, XBOX, X360, XB1, GB, GBC, GBA SP, GB Micro, DS, DS Lite, PSP and a lot of crappy games.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Is Xbox Live Gold still worth it?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived