You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
I am going to say it right here. Right now. English isn't my first language, please pardon my mistakes. There are a couple topics about Save File everyday. I just needed to do this.
Post 1: PS3 Game Saves (Call of Duty 4, Ridge Racer 7, Folkore..etc) Post 2: PS2 Game Saves on PS3 (Final Fantasy XII, Devil May Cry 3... etc)
**PS3 Game Saves - Transferring Save File from PC to PS3
1) How/Where do i download game saves for PS3 games (Such as Call of Duty 4, Assassin's Creed)?
- Gamefaqs provide a large selection of game saves for us. Simply go under 'Game Saves' for the game you want and download the 'Save Game File' (which is a zip file).
2) What do i do with the zip file ?
- Unzip the file - Create new folder (name it PS3) in your USB Flash Drive. - Create another folder inside the PS3 folder, name it 'SAVEDATA'
In most cases, the file you unzip would be a folder named something like this 'BCUS98103'. DO NOT rename it.
- Drag the folder into PS3/SAVEDATA
3) What's next?
- Turn on your PS3 - Plug your USB stick into the USB slot on your PS3 - Under Game > Saved Data Unity, 'USB Device' should appear on the top, select that - Hit triangle when you see the save on your USB stick, select 'Copy'
**PS3 Game Saves - Transferring Save File from PS3 to PC
1) I want to share my save with people on gamefaqs! What do i do!?
- Plug your USB stick into the PS3 - Go under Game > Saved Data Unity - Select the save you want, hit triangle and select 'Copy'
2) Done that, what's next?
The save will appear under the PS3 > SAVEDATA > (Game Save Folder)
Please understand the fact that PS3 reads .psv file.
PS2 Game Saves - Transfering Save File from PS2 Memory Card to PS3
- Buy a 'PS3 Memory Card Adaptor'. It's the ONLY way to transfer saves from PS2 Memory card directly onto the PS3
PS3 Virtual Memory Card Save - PC to PS3
These are the PS2 saves that can be transfer through a USB stick to your PS3. Once again, please understand the fact that PS2 MaxDrive/Sharkport/Codebreaker saves WON'T work here, as PS3 ONLY reads .PSV save file. Popluar game such as 'Final Fantasy XII' already has a 'PS3 Virtual Memory Card Save' uploaded. These are the saves that can be downloaded/use for your PS3.
- Download the zip file from the Game Saves Page - Unzip it. The file would be named something like 'BASLUS-2167844425A5433.PSV'. DO NOT rename - Create a Folder name PS3 on your USB Stick. Inside, make another folder name EXPORT. Inside, that, make a folder name PSV - Plug in your USB Stick - Put the file in PS3/EXPORT/PSV/ (put the .psv file you downloaded here) - Remove your USB stick and plug it into your PS3
- Go under Game > Memory Card Utility (PS/PS2) - Select 'USB Device' at the top, - Find your save file, and hit triangle, then select 'Copy'
PS3 Virtual Memory Card Save - PS3 to PC
- Plug your USB stick into your PS3 - Go under Game > Memory Card Utility (PS/PS2) - Select the save you want, hit Triangle. Copy it to USB Stick - Zip that file on your PC then upload
How to transfer PS2 MaxDrive/CodeBreaker/AR saves?
PLEASE Understand that there is no 'PSV Converter' yet. If there is a PS2 save file you really want to play on your PS3 but there is no 'PS3 Virtual Memory Card Save' for it. There is one way to convert it.
- Go dig up whatever cheat device you had (Sharkport? MaxDrive?)
- Download the save file that works on your cheat device. Unzip it - Transfer the savefile to your PS2 with your cheat device
- Run out and buy a 'PS3 Memory Card Adaptor' for your PS3
- Transfer the save from your PS2 memory card to your PS3 using the newly bought PS3 Memory Card Adaptor
~There are many worlds but they share the same sky~ One sky, One destiny. PSN: LionHeart1203