This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PS2/PS3 Save Files FAQ

• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. PS2/PS3 Save Files FAQ

User Info: ReillONeill

ReillONeill
9 years ago#61
Very useful topic.
The offensive linemen are the biggest guys on the field, they're bigger than everybody else, and that's what makes them the biggest guys on the field. ~ Madden

User Info: WildcatPride

WildcatPride
9 years ago#62
Very easy question for my lame brain:

How can I save multiple saves of the same type of file?

Such as in my Madden season so I can have my own dynasty & my roommate has his own?

It always seems to overwrite
S & R #1 Bronco fan '05, '06, '07
Williams #27

User Info: BigRedNY

BigRedNY
9 years ago#63
So with the 1.80 firmware, you can transfer PS2 files from the PS3 back to the PS2 memory card?
Read my latest video game reviews and articles here: http://www.associatedcontent.com/user/46710/anthony_martinez.html
request for sticky please
X360 - Space Cowboy333 / PS3 - Space_Cowboy_333 / Wii - 2310-9833-0225-0128

User Info: nimerjm37

nimerjm37
9 years ago#65
So with the 1.80 firmware, you can transfer PS2 files from the PS3 back to the PS2 memory card?

I don't know much about firmware or whatever, but the question remains the same. I'd like to transfer my Kingdom Hearts II file from my PS3 to my PS2. Yeah, I COULD start from scratch, but if there is any way to not have to play as Roxas again, I'm going for it.

Thanks for the help!
Latest IGN exclusive FAQ - Mass Effect - http://faqs.ign.com/objects/718/718963.html

User Info: Hadesboy

Hadesboy
9 years ago#66
HELP!, I download a resistance fall of man save onto my flash drive (after making all the folders and stuff). Then i go plug it into my ps3 and it doesn't read the flash drive under the saved game data. Please help
Look at quote

User Info: CLupula

CLupula
9 years ago#67
There is no "official" Sony MC converter.

actually, there is. it's made by sony themselves. i found one at my local gamestop. transferred all my ps1 and ps2 files in like 2 minutes.

User Info: jess_wz

jess_wz
9 years ago#68
i download uncharted save data from gamefaqs and transfer to my ps3...and the data appear at the menu saved data utility,but when i go in to the game i couldnt see the data i download....why...

User Info: ultradaved

ultradaved
9 years ago#69
To nimerjim: the memory card adaptor is a 2-way street. So, yes. PS3 data can be written to a PS2 memory card.

My question is whether I can use the PS3 to reformat/defragment a PS2 memory card. Or how to do that in general. I have a PS2, a PS3, and a PS3 memory card adaptor. Can I reformat or defragment the memory card? How? Sorry for being so technically ignorant, but what exactly is the difference between those two things? Which is better?

Another question: part of the reason I want to know is because of the Soul Calibur 3 corruption bug, if any of you are familiar with that. Have any of you experienced that on the PS3? What did it do?

User Info: RHelgDrez

RHelgDrez
9 years ago#70
Confirming that you can copy saves from the PS3 to a PS2 memory card using the official device.

The kind lady at EB told me that I wouldn't be able to do this.

She was wrong.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. PS2/PS3 Save Files FAQ

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Closed