This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If my PS3 dies this summer... Can I salvage my HDD?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. If my PS3 dies this summer... Can I salvage my HDD?

User Info: wigsplasher

wigsplasher
5 years ago#1
I'm thinking about upgrading my HDD to a much larger one. Right now I have the MGS4 80GB BC PS3 but it's running really hot this summer.

I've gotten a lot of use out of it since 2008. It's been on every day since then and I've had no problems but I think this summer might be its retirement home years.

My question is if it ends up overheating and / or just flat-out dying, will my HDD still be fine or should I hold off with the upgrade until I get a new PS3?
"Your uncle was so dumb he paid the full price of a new PS2 to rent it for a week? Your family tree must be a straight line." - Finlandia

User Info: SODIS

SODIS
5 years ago#2
If the PS3 dies, the HDD dies as well. Simple as that. You better back up your stuff now.
NIER

User Info: darkshadowmaster

darkshadowmaster
5 years ago#3
If you put that HDD into another PS3 it will wipe/format it for the one you are putting it in. Effectively killing everything you had on it.
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.

User Info: wigsplasher

wigsplasher
5 years ago#4
Damn... I guess I won't upgrade until it dies then
"Your uncle was so dumb he paid the full price of a new PS2 to rent it for a week? Your family tree must be a straight line." - Finlandia
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. If my PS3 dies this summer... Can I salvage my HDD?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived