This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can we get rid of tutorials in today's games?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Can we get rid of tutorials in today's games?

User Info: desert_santa

desert_santa
6 years ago#21
Sorry TC, I need those tutorials. It's either that or having to read the manuals. I'd rather learn in game ^-^

User Info: CthulhuDagon

CthulhuDagon
6 years ago#22
SolaceIX posted...
Demon's Souls:

How to attack followed by a very quick lesson on how to blow a rape whistle.

Also Witcher 2: Dragon says hi.

Definitely This. "Tutorials" can be done right if they're done in the vein of The Witcher 2 or similar. Or actually now that I I think about it, Heavy Rain's "tutorial" intro is done well also.
White line is in the middle of the road, that's the worst place to drive.

User Info: SODIS

SODIS
6 years ago#23
Siege posted...
Why does every single game need a tutorial especially when they basically use the same control scheme? O is to duck. X is to jump. R1 is shoot. L1 is aim. Games aren't getting any more complicated and are actually getting shorter, so a lengthy tutorial is pretty unnecessary.

Agreed. Tutorials are a massive waste of space. Leave the tutorial stuff to the game manuals and spend that extra resources on making the game more enjoyable. It was cool for a few games, but now it's just painfully tedious. And developers are wondering why their expenses are so high....
NIER

User Info: anonymous46773

anonymous46773
6 years ago#24
I love tutorials.
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Can we get rid of tutorials in today's games?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived