The next GameFAQs contest is here! Sign in and enter a Best Year in Gaming bracket for a chance at a $1000 grand prize!

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you think it's unethical to....

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Do you think it's unethical to....

User Info: Junpei_Stupei

Junpei_Stupei
5 years ago#1
Permanently place a "Trophy List" into your account for simply playing a demo?

Super Star Dust HD does this. They place their stuff into your virtual space without your consent.

I think I bought the wrong console this gen.

User Info: melvinmelon123

melvinmelon123
5 years ago#2
No

And I'm pretty sure there would be something like this in the PSN user agreement form. So you did give consent
http://www.yourgamercards.net/profile/NeoSonicAlpha
You should buy NIER. Go do it now. NIER

User Info: SODIS

SODIS
5 years ago#3
Yes, I hate seeing those 0%.....What once started as a computer-error turned into a devious scheme to taunt the trophy-whores & completionists.
NIER

User Info: jubjub360

jubjub360
5 years ago#4
eth·ics

–plural noun
( used with a singular or plural verb ) a system of moral principles: the ethics of a culture.
the rules of conduct recognized in respect to a particular class of human actions or a particular group, culture, etc.: medical ethics; Christian ethics.
moral principles, as of an individual: His ethics forbade betrayal of a confidence.

Hmm.... nope. Seems right. What if you end up buying the game in the future? It's completely fair.

User Info: lambchips

lambchips
5 years ago#5
poor junpei, i bet you accidentally dl'd a gta4 demo and now you have gta 4 on your trophy list
phantasy star zero FC- 2364- 5734-1428

User Info: arstos

arstos
5 years ago#6
this is why i have an account for trying out demo's or games i suspect i won't like. i don't care much about trophys but it is annoying seeing a game i'm never going to play again or hated listed
PSN: dragonlibrarian plays; SSFIITHDR, MVC2, AH3, Hard Corps, Moon Diver, X-Men Arcade, Castle Crashers. feel free to add me.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Do you think it's unethical to....

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived